Losing 130 pounds in college (The good, bad, and ugly)

Nanalove2018
Nanalove2018 Posts: 283 Member
edited April 2020 in Success Stories
Hello,

It’s been so long since I posted in the community forum. My last post was https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10736001/my-setbacks-were-major-but-so-is-my-comeback-🏽-an-honest-story-of-losing-130-pounds if you want to check it out for background story. I also did a video with UnderArmour if you want to look on the Victory Stories vlog.

I wanted to come on here as a some sort of calling for someone who may need the inspiration. Losing weight for me was hard and I know a lot of people are going through tough times right now especially due to everything that is going on. I urge you to keep moving forward. My prayers to anyone who is personally affected by this in any way, shape, or form.

Just an update that of course I lost the weight but it’s been two years since my last post. I am a wayyy better place. Just in short, I lost 130 pounds but realize that I didn’t fix myself mentally. I started to get out of control by going through extreme measures in order to lose weight. I got “slim” but still hated myself in the mirror. I binged and restrict, gained and loss, celebrated over weigh ins and cried over them as well. Now looking back, it was never that serious. The weight WILL come off. Back then, it was all about external validation and being perfect. Which soon you will learn, does not exist lol. But what’s more important to me now is not just how I’m doing physically but mentally as well. I’m sure you all can do it too 🥰

I recently made a YouTube channel where I will document my weight loss to the world in my own words the first time. It is nerve wracking for me but I wanted to share my story. This is not for fame but to inspire. If you’d like, check out my first video below and more videos to come. Like, comment and subscribe or just simply watch. Either way, I wish you the best on your health journey 🥰
Click on these photos below for my YT channel v
https://youtu.be/y_UueQSxHeo

mxw8kyku27jn.jpeg
exwusx6n1y1w.png
8xdndluhmnh8.jpeg
sof7dwpftoa7.jpeg

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    You are a beautiful person and quite inspiring. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to watching you evolve further as your life takes you more places.
  • Nanalove2018
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    You are a beautiful person and quite inspiring. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to watching you evolve further as your life takes you more places.

So sweet! Thanks 😄
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    I just watched the MFP video. Everything you said resonated with me. I'm so proud of you!
  • chasitystiff3283
    chasitystiff3283 Posts: 1 Member
    I loved your video you came along way congrats also I wanted to know did you stay at the same calorie rate or when you lose weight did it change
  • Nanalove2018
    I just watched the MFP video. Everything you said resonated with me. I'm so proud of you!

Thank you so much 😊
  • Nanalove2018
    edited May 2020
    I loved your video you came along way congrats also I wanted to know did you stay at the same calorie rate or when you lose weight did it change

Hey!!! I can’t remember my exact calories when I was larger but they fluctuated. I think MFP still gave me around 1380ish but I probably ate 1500. Now, I eat around 1200-1500.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!