MyFitnessPal weight predictor

Options
randafk
randafk Posts: 5 Member
Hello everyone, I have been recently intoduced to the app and I love it. However, I was wondering, how accurate are the weight predictions??

Replies

• randafk
    Options
    Thxs πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    not very. the important thing is to eat right and keep moving.
  • randafk
    Options
    Thxs πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's been correct for me, sometimes a few days late,tho...
  • welshryan
    welshryan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hopeful. Depends on commitment to stay in between the lines. Best of luck!
  • randafk
    Options
    Thxs πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • scwhitenewb
    scwhitenewb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just figure it out for yourself. After a few weeks the weekly loss will prob be the same for you as long as you stay on your diet. If you dont then their projection wont work either. If you up or lower your exercise then factor that in by looking up the calorie burn on google. Remember everyone has plateaus and that means from time to time weight wont drop for a few days and as long as you stay on the diet you will usually get what I call a catch up loss. I lost about 100 pounds over a year and got use to these. If you want to keep them from cause frustration just go to weekly weighing when ever you go 2 days without losing even a decimal.
  • stormy_destiny
    stormy_destiny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don’t know how realistic losing 40lbs in 5 weeks is. But it gives me hope so I’ll take it. best of luck
  • 88digitalawesome88
    88digitalawesome88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Personally I fluctuate, it might be sodium, water intake, hormones, or other factors. The 'Happy Scale' app is much better at predicting and recording losses, has great mini goals and shows an overall downward trend rather than a vague guesstimate like the one here on MFP.