Anyone else with Crohn’s?

Options
Hi all,

I’m looking for other members here that have Crohn’s disease and are active on MFP.

I am currently in a bad flare and am using MFP just to make sure I meet my minimum caloric intake but would love to interact with others here!

Replies

• Back2Health2020
    Back2Health2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That’s me too- in a flare and got on MFP to track calories
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's. I think it's in remission but my other GI disease (gastroparesis) is flaring so who knows.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn’s in remission, or at least not flaring.

Are there any foods that help your Crohn’s or aggravate it?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I have Crohn’s in remission, or at least not flaring.

Are there any foods that help your Crohn’s or aggravate it?

I have an ileostomy and was basically able anything I wanted (except nuts popcorn and mushrooms because of obstruction risk) until I developed gastroparesis and gastroduodenal Crohn's which has caused me to need a jejunostomy feeding tube for most of my nutrition. Everything I eat by mouth is low fat/low fiber
  • julzcole
    julzcole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a 32 female and just got diagnosed with Crohn’s disease with flaring now that I’m trying to heal, and was curious if any of you were able to gain weight while having a flare? Any tips would be appreciated! I am struggling to gain weight, but need to make sure my body is ok to handle some extra calories. I went from 126 last year to 116 now. I’m also on a low fiber diet. Thanks!

• Alexziz
    Alexziz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I just searched for posts about crohns and found yours!
    I was diagnosed a couple of years ago after being super healthy. I had a load of surgeries and an ileostomy for about a year which was reversed 2 years ago. I lost so much weight around that time and now I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and don’t seem to be able to loose it! Metabolism would appear to have slowed right down 😤..if there’s anything I can help with I will, feel free to add me. Sending you all lots of love 💗
  • obrien_lo
    obrien_lo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's and i consider myself one of the lucky ones that so far no surgeries and i'm responding somewhat well to my biologic infusions. I am actually struggling to lose weight, unlike most with Crohn's. I seem to work 10x harder than most to lose a pound.