UK Friends & Support Needed

Options
JCH187
JCH187 Posts: 39 Member
I’m Julia, 50 from Hampshire, UK. I have an unhealthy relationship with food and 3st to lose, spent most of the last 20 years fighting with my weight and never being able to maintain at a decent weight. Would love to find some support from some folks out there who understand. At the moment I’m pretty motivated but can get side tracked after a couple of weeks so looking for mutual help to keep me (and you) from going off the rails!

Replies

• sdenness9925
    sdenness9925 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia, always happy to help
  • aaishamalcolm1
    aaishamalcolm1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and me x
  • embear2
    embear2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia. We sound pretty similar. I've spent my whole adult life yo yoing from slim to overweight. I managed to lose 2.5st in 2018 was really happy with how I felt & looked but back it came. I'm now about 10lbs heavier than I was to start with so would like to lose just over 3st. When I'm focused I'm pretty good at staying motivated with great will power but I've just got into that CBA attitude recently. Today is day 1 of my long journey again. Any friends to support welcome & helpful 😁
  • zoemeeson
    zoemeeson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also from UK so any ladies welcome to add me I'm 29 years old and have always struggled with my weight I lost 2stone in 2017 but now I stuck with it keep going up and down I do have health problems some days I want give up and I get full easily and lack motivation
    I looking for more support and motivation.. I will always try to help with idea and support if you need it too
  • JCH187
    Options
    embear2 wrote: »
    Hi Julia. We sound pretty similar. I've spent my whole adult life yo yoing from slim to overweight. I managed to lose 2.5st in 2018 was really happy with how I felt & looked but back it came. I'm now about 10lbs heavier than I was to start with so would like to lose just over 3st. When I'm focused I'm pretty good at staying motivated with great will power but I've just got into that CBA attitude recently. Today is day 1 of my long journey again. Any friends to support welcome & helpful 😁

It’s all about getting your head in the right place but you’ve made an important first step, you got this 🙌

• cfrancis1287
    cfrancis1287 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I have added a few of you for some inspiration and food ideas! I need to lose about 5 stone :-(
  • JCH187
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I have added a few of you for some inspiration and food ideas! I need to lose about 5 stone :-(

It’s very doable, in the past I’ve lost 7st and then 5st so it can be done, just break it down into small chunks so it feels more achievable and doesn’t overwhelm you. You will succeed 💪🏼

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    added you, anyone can feel free to add me 😊
  • zdaspinall
    zdaspinall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my story!
    Im 45 and l've always struggled with my weight have managed to lose nearly 4 stone in the past but have slowly put 2 stone back on which I need to lose and I'm starting today.. I need motivation some will getting adding 😁
  • debzabercrombie
    debzabercrombie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from the UK and have at least 4 stone to lose eeeek happy to support and anyone in the same boat feel free to add me
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    From the UK here as well... I did add you. Please feel free to add me everyone :)

I'm 51, married and have a 15 year old daughter. I am originally from Canada but live in the UK. I have had trouble with my weight my entire life and have tried every diet which always ends badly with gaining the weight back and more. I have been on MFP for awhile but had left for years and now I am back. My starting weight back was 427lbs and I am currently (weigh in today) 361.8lbs I am very happy with my weight loss so far but think it would be great to meet new friends on here and hopefully inspire each other. I know I have A LOT of weight to lose but just trying to do it with small goals.

I am classed as morbidly obese and that title makes me feel ill. I have always hated it but had done nothing about it. I have type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea. I have very low mobility, not only because of my weight but it certainly makes it so difficult. I have had a knee replacement a few years ago and am in need of another on my other leg but have been trying to hold off getting it done as I am not really that happy with the replacement I have had. The knee is bone on bone now so wont be able to put it off much longer.

To make things worse I just lost my Dad 3 days before my birthday and while in lock down. he has been battling cancer for quite along time but things were starting to get worse. I started crash dieting trying to lose some weight to get on the plane to fly home. (flying at my weight is so difficult) We had just come back from Canada in August 2019. Once the cancer had gone to his brain we all knew there was not time left and then I was unable to fly due to the corona virus lock-down. This was the strongest, bravest man I have ever met and it just destroyed me. I still find it hard to talk about without completely breaking down but I am determined to lose this weight that has held me back for years. I only wish he could have been around to see me do it.

So sorry for the long post. In short, I have a lot of weight to lose and could use all the support I can get.
  • cjgelderbloem
    cjgelderbloem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Determination is a form of strength which can be identified in various forms.
    https://shrinkme.io/NzBUkp7c
  • facet1011
    facet1011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    From Dorset, so not too far! I've got about 136 lbs to lose (start was 154) and I know the feeling of getting side tracked after a couple of weeks, big problem of mine!