Cheese Cake Cravings? ATTENTION!!!!! :) :) :)

Options
Hi everyone!

Awhile ago I shared with you my discovery of a ice cream sandwich, that is actually edible by those trying to eat healthy. :) It was made using 'Low Fat Free Cool Whip' and 'Low Fat Graham Crackers'. Amazing ice cream sandwiches! :) Seriously! LOL

Well, I discovered something today with my graham crackers and just absolutely had to share it with you. Especially for those of you who crave cheese cake and can't have it. :) Now you can cure your craving for cheese cake!!!!
'Light Laughing Cow Cheese' on a graham cracker is really good and taste a lot like cheese cake. Definitely cured any cheese cake craving I had! Awesome.

Hope you enjoy!!!! :)

Replies

• snkeller24
    Options
    Will have to try it! I love cheese cake.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I may have to try that as well. I love the Cool Whip Ice cream sandwiches. Those are my favorites..and the kids like them too.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I never would have given this combination a thought!!! It sounds yummy, I'm gonna definitely give it a try :happy:
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake - 156 calories per slice: 8g carbs, 10g fat, and 6g protein

Here are the ingredients I used:
    Kraft - Extra Light Philadelphia Cream Cheese, 1 container (225 gs ea.)
    Kraft - Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese - 80% Less Fat, 1 container (250 gs ea.)
    **** Smith - Peanut Butter, Smooth, 4 tsp
    Sunny Queen Farms - Accredited Free Range Eggs - Large, 1 eggs
    Eggs - White only, raw, 0.25 cup
    Perfect Italiano - Extra Light Ricotta Cheese, 100 g
    Weight Watchers (Aus) - Cottage Cheese, 40 g
    Weight Watchers (Aust) - Extra Light Sour Cream, 20 g
    Generic - Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
    Splenda - No Calorie Sweetener Granulated (Per Cup), 0.5 cup
    Coles - Dark Cooking Chocolate, 75 g

I used a combination of cream cheeses as I wanted to get rid of some old stuff I had in my fridge! Here's what you need:

500g (16oz) of Kraft Philadelphia Extra Light Cream Cheese
    1/2c peanut butter (smooth)
    1/2c splenda
    1 large egg
    1/4c. egg whites (or about 4 egg whites)
    1/2c. fat free cottage cheese (or you could use ricotta cheese or fat free sour cream, but cottage cheese has more protein)
    1tsp. vanilla extract
    75g (or about 1.5oz) of dark chocolate (melted)

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in splenda until smooth. Reduce speed to medium to beat in egg and whites until just blended. Beat in cottage cheese and vanilla.

Remove half of the batter to a medium bowl. Stir in melted chocolate.

Add peanut butter to the remaining mixture in the large bowl and beat until smooth.

Put both mixtures in a greased pan (recipe calls for springform but I don't have one of those) and swirl together with a knife to marbelize. Place your cheesecake pan in a larger pan with enough water to reach 1inch up the sides of the cheesecake pan. Bake 1 hour at 350F

After baking, remove cake from water bath. Using a thin knife, carefully cut around the top edge where the cake meets the pan to release. Let it cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until cold - 6 hours or overnight.
  • andison
    andison Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Which flavor did you use?
    Were they the wedges or the baby bells?

Sounds promising!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Just plain flavor. And the wedges.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! :)

But unfortunately for me, I still can't eat that. Too much fat and calories for me. :(
    The laughing cow cheese on graham crackers is only about 1/3 of that and the serving is four big crackers.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    sara_m83

I have two questions regarding the cheesecake recipe. First, you list 156 calories per slice, but how many slices you are supposed to cut it into? I couldn't find a number of servings listed. Second, in the ingredients, you list 75g (or about 1.5oz) of dark chocolate (melted). 75g isn't 1.5 oz it is 2.6 oz (1.5 oz = 42g). Do you remember which amount it calls for?
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    sara_m83

I have two questions regarding the cheesecake recipe. First, you list 156 calories per slice, but how many slices you are supposed to cut it into? I couldn't find a number of servings listed. Second, in the ingredients, you list 75g (or about 1.5oz) of dark chocolate (melted). 75g isn't 1.5 oz it is 2.6 oz (1.5 oz = 42g). Do you remember which amount it calls for?

Sorry for the calculations - not sure where I got the 1.5oz from - I use a metric scale so I included 75g. The 156 per slice is 12 slices. I made mine in a rectangular baking pan (like for brownies, approximately 9"x12"). I made a second version with cherries instead of peanut butter, which reduced overall fat and calories (though not substantially), but I'm working on upping my fat ratio to meet my 40/30/30 carbs/fat/protein target. You can play with amounts of chocolate or flavours as well - this is just a rough guide and you won't change anything dramatically if you cut or add amounts of chocolate or other sources of flavour.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Might try it this weekend. In general, I'm not a big one for sweets. Starches are my downfall, but cheesecake is something I like once in a blue moon. My Kryptonite with sweets is Key Lime Pie. How appropriate that it's green. lol