Have You Shared MFP Site With Others

Options
Yea, I have..

I'm on another forum for weigh loss but it's just a chat one..Just after I joined here I posted about MFP but the post was deleted..But I did post that I was on track with my weight loss and mentioned that I found a site that helps with counting calories. But no one has asked for the url...

I mentioned to a friend and she actually begged me for the url.. Especially since she knows how much I have lost..

So looks like we will have another member soon..

Replies

• MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've been telling anyone that will listen! It's hard if they dont have the time to really go around and make friends and read the forums though, I guess its not AS appealing until you realise just how awesome and supportive everybody is on here!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I've turned a few people on to it. My husband has told his dr, my son's dr and just about anyone who will listen about it. I am looking forward to my yearly lady visit so I can tell my gyno about it.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone too!!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I was referred by a friend here, and I've referred several people too. It's something I try and share with EVERYONE!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    All the ladies at work wanted to know how I could lose weight right after quitting smoking, my neurologist followed my meals looking for migrane triggers and now my Primary for carbs since were trying to get my sugar down. I tell everyone, this is so much easier than the "S" people and a lot more cost effective than the WW site (and easier to use).
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    All the time. when someone asks about my weight loss and how i'm doing it, i tell them about MFP. I have recruited a few of my friends and family members. LOVE iT!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have tried but no takers yet. I recently had a friend join weight watchers and quit so I am hoping she will convert haha.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i actually recruited 2 people..unfortunately, they only stuck around for a few days, but they still have their profiles, and i have told many more about MFP when they ask how i lost my weight
  • blondski
    blondski Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A friend shared with me and I have been paying it forward!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Every time someone makes a comment on my progress I mention the site. I say how easy it is to use and completely free!
    My biggest selling point is the community and friends feed-this site lets you surround yourself with motivating people and I think it's what has helped the most. I haven't followed up to see if any joined. I just planted the seed. When they are 'ready' they'll know they have a place to go.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    No-one has noticed my weight loss, yet..Once they do then I will tell them how I've achieved it..

I'm to see my gyno in a few weeks so it will be interesting to see if my he and his receptionist notice..If not, I will just casually mention how much I have lost..
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I've told my whole family about it. My mom is a college professor and teaches a health and wellness class. She introduced MFP to her classes this semester.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I had a few different friends tell me about MFP, and once I joined many others from a different forum I hang out on have joined.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So many people have noticed my weight loss and a lot of them ask how I did it. I tell them how MFP changed my life. Some join, some don't, but I tell everyone!!! I have posted about it on Facebook as well. :bigsmile:
  • Taintedkitten
    Options
    I'm new here but mentioned it to a couple of friends on my facebook who commented about wanting to lose weight. Wait and see if they join up or not!