Why my weight wont go down?? Pls help

Options
Dear Friends,

Can anyone pls share with me why doesn't my weight go there? For the past 2 weeks, I have been under the average weekly calorie goal. I watched what I ate and have been religiously doing hot yoga 6x a week. But my weight is stagnant.

Pls help. Did I do something wrong?

Replies

• mhig011975
    Options
    you have hit a weight loss plateau. try uping your calories and change your exercise routine
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    You are probably eating too little. Check out your NET calories for the day.They should be at least 1200. If not your body could go in starvation mode and hold onto fat. This was happening to me. :) Good luck!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me and I will say the same thing everyone said to me.....EAT MORE!!!!

If you are under your calorie goal that is most likely the problem. Make sure to eat your calorie goal everyday. I stayed under for weeks thinking that would help me lose more. Wrong! As soon as I started eating more I started losing weight.

Good luck!!!! :)
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This article has good info on "unexplainable" weight loss plateaus: http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2011/01/unexplainable-fat-loss-plateaus-explained.php

Hope it helps!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Since your diary is not public, there is no way anyone will be able to give you any good advice. My guess is eat a little more to meet your goal, drink more water, and lower your sodium intake.
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes, try muscle confusion: work different muscle groups (1 day cardio next day strength training, etc)
    keeps you from hitting a plateau.
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are probably not eating enough and enough times a day to keep your metabolism going. Also try changing your exercise routine. Do a brisk walk or other cardio. One more thing, if you're not drinking enough fluids your body will hold on to everything. Change things up a little and I'm sure you'll break that plateau.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau and I did as others have mentioned, I ate more. I raised my daily calories from 1200 to 1360 and that seemed to help me. Good luck on your journey!! :bigsmile:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi there, your diary isn't open so it is hard to give you any advice, open it up and let us have a look at what you are eating.

Some normal things would be that you maybe have too much sodium? Or that your portion sizes are incorrect - are you weighing/measuring all your food accurately?

I would also suggest that just hot yoga probably isn't enough - you need some variety in your exercise, some more intense cardio or weights will help. Good luck x
  • Malani2010
    Options
    I agree with everyone else with eating right at your calorie goal. I also think maybe doing one challenging or different thing once a week will greatly improve your weight loss.

My experience with that once though was I was actually losing body fat but the scale would stay the same. I don't know if that is what's happening to you to but you could be losing inches without realizing it. Good luck and don't give up you are doing great!!!
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If you are doing a lot of hot yoga you are probably building/tearing down muscles which can make weight plateau. Have you taken measurements? How are your clothes fitting?
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Eat more, and if you're saying you're under your goals then you're not even meeting what your goals are. I increased my calories from 1300 to 1600 and I lost weight even more.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that yoga is NOT enough exercise for weight loss.

I can't even do Zumba because it isn't enough for me. It doesn't get me panting and sweating.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that yoga is NOT enough exercise for weight loss.

I can't even do Zumba because it isn't enough for me. It doesn't get me panting and sweating.

Holy moly - we can't have the same teacher - I can barely function after a zumba class!
  • Totally agree that yoga is NOT enough exercise for weight loss.

Holy moly - we can't have the same teacher - I can barely function after a zumba class!

Gogonunubean, you are right! Not all Zumba instructors are the same. I am a Zumba instructor and my students have sworn by it for their weightloss. I have a heart rate monitor and everytime I go to my Zumba class, it tells me I burn between 475 and 600 depending on how difficult my playlist is. Also, your workout is only as hard as you make it, your Zumba instructor should be showing intensity levels to meet the needs of the majority in his/her class. I love my Zumba classes!
  • mhig011975
    Options
    don't totally agree with the whole "net calorie" thing, there are days where I work out in the even and that puts my net calorie at about 300 when I actually ate on average 1800 to 2000 calories. Now if I workout in the afternoon I can get my net calories up to 1000 to 1200.