Weekly weigh day...

Options
sharonlep
sharonlep Posts: 50 Member
Hi
I'm weighing myself everyday and looking at my weight loss average at the end of the week so I know it shouldn't matter what day is my new day of the week - but I don't always do well at the weekends, especially a Sunday so don't like a Monday morning weigh in.
A friend told me that Monday mornings are the best though and it might restrain me a bit more at the weekends if I stuck with the Monday morning weigh day.

What's most people's weigh day preferences?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Every day - because more data is better and I really don't care that my weight will vary from day to day as long as my trend weight is OK.
  • thb309
    thb309 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in day is Sunday. But I tend to weigh myself about every three weeks or so. I feel it give you a better look at your total program and tells you if it’s working or if you need to make adjustments. Day to day or weekly can throw you off I feel because of the fluctuations from day to day.
    Good luck.
  • Mandy72CM
    Mandy72CM Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a Saturday morning and I much prefer that to Monday’s. It also gives you an option to recoup calories back if you have over indulged at the weekend.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and record it on a weight trending app. I use Libra for android. Strangely this has been the one thing that has stopped me being obsessed by the scale. Seeing the normal daily fluctuations come and go but the trend still going down has stopped me freaking out and giving up at the first sign of a gain like I used to.

For example when I weighed once a week and had a gain I would assume it was fat and the diet wasn't working and there was a good chance I would quit at that point. But by weighing daily I can also see the drops and I find that reassuring. I can also work out what is causing the scale to go up. A salty meal, more carbs than usual (Pasta I am looking at you) a harder exercise session, all kinds of things cause water weight and I am a bit of a data nerd anyway so I find daily weighing keeps me on track.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    sharonlep wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm weighing myself everyday and looking at my weight loss average at the end of the week so I know it shouldn't matter what day is my new day of the week - but I don't always do well at the weekends, especially a Sunday so don't like a Monday morning weigh in.
    A friend told me that Monday mornings are the best though and it might restrain me a bit more at the weekends if I stuck with the Monday morning weigh day.

What's most people's weigh day preferences?

During normal, non-lockdown office weeks my weight is highest on Saturday morning and lowest on Monday morning. Easy explanation: my body stores a bit more water when sitting in an office. I'm more active during the weekend, and sit cross-legged or otherwise with legs up at home. Hence I lose that waterweight over the weekend and accumulate it from Monday office time again. But if your body functions slightly different and your activity levels differ then the highest weight might very well be on another day of the week.