not consuming enough calories for weight loss??

Options
Hey y'all!
I'm currently on track for weight loss, but I'm beginning to think I'm not consuming enough calories. BMR is 1700~.
I'm currently consuming about 1300 a day. Workout 6x a week(mainly cardio).
Yes, I do feel hungry after some meals. But I figured that's just my body "adjusting". I've been on 1500cal/day and have lost weight. Honestly I don't even know why I cut back to 1300 to begin with lol.
thanks for any feedback 💕

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? What is your goal?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    if you have lost weight _ over a period of time, not just a few days fluctuation - then you are consuming enough calories for weight loss.

I think the question is more have you cut your calories down too far - this wont stop you losing but will make it harder to sustain and will possibly mean health issues if it is way too much for too long.

But we cant answer the question of whether 1300 or 1500 or some other number is right for you without knowing your stats.

Also remember that if you are using MFP, you are suppossed to eat back excercise calories - some people find excercise estimates are on high side and eat back, say, half of them - but dont eat back none at all.
  • 1GWater
    1GWater Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    stats? as in age, weight, gender?
    @paperpudding
  • 1GWater
    Options
    @L1zardQueen weigh loss
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Stats? Age? Weight? Gender? Your goal?
  • 1GWater
    Options
    @L1zardQueen 210, 23, female
    weight loss
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Ok so that is your current weight, age and gender - we also need your height and an estimate of your activity level.

Describe your normal day if you are not sure which activity level applies to you.
  • 1GWater
    Options
    @paperpudding 5'5, workout 6x a week
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    1GWater wrote: »
    @L1zardQueen 210, 23, female
    weight loss

I think you are misunderstanding the posters asking what your goal is. It is obvious you want to lose weight. I think what they are asking is goal "weight".
  • paperpudding
    Options
    So I ran your stats through a BMI caclulator - at 5 ft 5 tall and 121 lb you have a BMI of 19.6. Lower end of normal.

You should be losing weight at 1/2 lb per week -IF AT ALL.

Put your stats in to MFP and put loss rate at 1/2 per week and eat that amount - and eat back at least half your excercise calories as well.

• Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Her weight is 210, not 121!
  • paperpudding
    Options
    oh oops, sorry - not sure how I misread that. :*

Ignore my last post.