Insanity results seem off! Any help?

Hope all are well. I just finished 2 weeks of insanity. Not at the level where i can do the whole thing yet but definite improvements as per the fit test. Ive been eating clean and low calories around 2200-2500 calories per day. The measurements are what are confusing me alot. Over 2 weeks ive gone from 103kg (227 lb) to 102kg (225lb). Ive lost an inch off my chest and waist, 2 inches off hips and gained 1-1.5 inches on my thighs. As for arms and calves lost about 0.5 inch off of them. Are these results normal or am i doing something wrong here. I cant tell because working that hard i feel these results might be a bit less idk im new to all this. Height is 6ft 1inch. Id love some feedback and advice please! Thanks you!!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Is it possible your measurements could be slightly off? Maybe a slightly different placement lead to different measurements?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    What were you expecting?
  • Simbii95
    Simbii95 Posts: 25 Member
    I really don’t know because I’m very new to this and seeing all the forums online how people lost so many inches in weeks and all even I don’t know what to expect that’s why I thought maybe someone could shed some light on if I’m on the right track or is something not right
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    When I finished my one and only round of beachbody everywhere shrunk but my thighs. Those went up 1" according to my iPhone notes. Not surprising as I easily put muscle on in my legs. I didn't shed substantial amounts tho. 1" down respectively on both arms, 2" off waist and 2" from hips.

Considering you've only just started and are already seeing results id say its working.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    simbii13 wrote: »
    I really don’t know because I’m very new to this and seeing all the forums online how people lost so many inches in weeks and all even I don’t know what to expect that’s why I thought maybe someone could shed some light on if I’m on the right track or is something not right

Sometimes other people post things on other sites that are . . . less than optimally accurate. Don't worry about that. It's particularly likely to be untrue if it's part of the advertising on a site, for at least some sites. Folklore here has it that some people have had their long-term before and after pics electronically "borrowed" from here, and they show up under some other person's name on a different site, with a claim that the changes happened in weeks, rather than months or even years.

It's pretty normal when first working out for some body areas to get bigger (not so much muscle gain that soon, but a little water retention in the muscles for repair, that kind of fills them out and makes them firmer), and other areas to get smaller (tighten/firm up, lose some fat, better posture with improved strength (strength can increase fast, even before muscle mass increases, BTW)), and that sort of thing.

So, I think you're normal. Most of the really significant changes are slower, with fat loss usually quite a bit faster than muscle mass gain, and loose-skin shrinkage happening after fat loss allows it to start, and proceding slowly from there.

Improvements will happen, if you put in the work. Best wishes!

• fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Hello, Im just starting Insanity again. I didn't see much results in the 1st month. The 2nd month is where i saw it more. But from what you posted so far it sounds good to me. Im dying to get 2 inches off my hips! Hopefully this time around will help. Good luck :-)
  • ErickM5500
    ErickM5500 Posts: 18 Member
    I think that’s awesome! I didn’t see results for 2 months when I started working out so for you to see results in 2 weeks is absolutely brilliant! Remember the number of calories isn’t as important as the type of calories my weight/size didn’t start changing until I reduced my sodium intake
  • LargeEricS
    LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
    Add me I'm doing insanity right now. I'm on my second week of month 2!

Now as far as your questions. They seem normal as far as my experiences with my own body on insanity. I've attempted insanity 3 times including this current cycle. The first time I reached the recovery week. The second, I reached the recovery week and started month 1 again as I didnt think I could quite handle the month 2 DVDs, and this time I'm on day 45 of 63. My experiences each time have been the same.

The first week I'd loose 2-3lbs. I don't know if this is water weight or just a response from starting to workout with such intensity. ALL 3 TIMES I havent lost anything more than 1 or 2 pounds till week 4 or 5. Then I'll shed weight consistently till I had quit. As for my measurements, I would have similar losses in the beginning except for my legs also. Now those losses would stall until I started really losing weight around week 4 or 5. My legs currently are down an inch. However they are as lean as I've ever seen them.

I'm currently down 10lbs and an inch across all measurements. 6'4 235lbs eating 1,900 moderately accurate logging. By that I mean I weigh most all food. But I occasionally will have a cookie, a touch more cheese or condiment than I weighed and so forth. Likely error over the course of a day around 300cal.
  • akeo97
    akeo97 Posts: 3 Member
    hello!

I have just started insanity but I don't have any result.
    [url=https://meditationat4am.com/shambhavi-mahamudra/ Shambhavi Mahamudra steps [/url]
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited June 2021
    What kind of results were you expecting? And in what time frame?