Replies

• GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    CD players

I got REEEEAL tired of rewinding tapes

@GettinLean19

did you ever rewind the cassettes with a pencil just to save the walkman's batteries ??

Gtfoh, i never could afford a walkman 😏
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Ice cream in a taco. Choco Taco.

choco-taco-ice-cream.png?x14477

this.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Microwave
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    ZenDream wrote: »
    It's hard to image anything more impactful on the world than the internet.
    Truth.

It never closes. Our trail exists forever and it can never be deleted. It's such a dichotomy. It brings people together and pulls them apart. It widens business but the distraction narrows productivity.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Definitely the Internet. I tell my daughter constantly how lucky she is to have the Internet as a tool for learning and communication. When I was in college, we didn't even have email. If you didn't understand something after reading the textbook or class notes (the only resources you had), you had to trek to your professor's office and camp out during office hours.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    Tickle Me Elmo
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Limewire and Kazzaa
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Everyone will say "internet" or "smartphones", but as a child of the 80s, the invention that had the biggest impact on me personally was the NES.

A game system you could play at home, that taught hand/eye coordination and actually helped fix (yes, I said FIX my dyslexia). Also, it started a lifetime love affair with all things pertaining to gaming and led to a lot of the game consoles we have now.

Good ol' NES. Also, who can forget the judgmental *kitten* dog from Duck Hunt?

NES.png
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Limewire and Kazzaa
    *cough* THIEF! *cough*
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Everyone will say "internet" or "smartphones", but as a child of the 80s, the invention that had the biggest impact on me personally was the NES.

A game system you could play at home, that taught hand/eye coordination and actually helped fix (yes, I said FIX my dyslexia). Also, it started a lifetime love affair with all things pertaining to gaming and led to a lot of the game consoles we have now.

NES.png

I've still got mine hooked up and working. i got like 50 games but the only ones i ever play anymore are the first Mario bros, punch out and occasionally battletoads
  • vanityy99
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Limewire and Kazzaa
    *cough* THIEF! *cough*

You did it toooooo!!!!! Don’t lieee
  • vanityy99
    Options
    MSN messenger
    0zy1h5i2vcib.jpeg
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

NES.png

Fond memories playing that with my mom
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    ZenDream wrote: »
    It's hard to image anything more impactful on the world than the internet.
    Truth.

It never closes. Our trail exists forever and it can never be deleted. It's such a dichotomy. It brings people together and pulls them apart. It widens business but the distraction narrows productivity.

Well put. BTW Diatonic as in Pentatonic, Dorian or Phrygian?