Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I actually try to get 30g or more of protein with each meal. But if i also pack in hig carbs, i tend to be hungry. It's what i should have written. So my protein is always high. My fats and carbs are the variable.

Interesting video down below.

https://youtu.be/je8Vsld8gkg
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Back to 221lb

I was down to 211lb with stage weight
    Guesstimated at around 202-205lb

Profile pic is at 221lb at start of prep in jan

Jeez @watts6151 - we are about the same weight right now... but I look like a puffy potato in comparison. lol

Think I’ve basically tapped out my genetic potential after 25years, I class 1-1.5lb of muscle a great year of bulking and I’m still not happy with certain body parts. Definitely not obsessed though 😂😂
  • psuLemon
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Weight is up about 4 lbs. It was my friend's kids bday, so i had "a little" ice cream cake :p . But also had a root canal, so i have had some more carbs than usual. I am definitely learning that i much prefer my carbs later in the day because when i eat them for breakfast, i am hungry all day.

Weekly update: huge fluctuations in weight this week between some additional carbs and the antibiotics for my root canal. Gonna see if i can track a bit better this week.

Weight seems to be going down as my pain subsides. Was at 166.2 today which is my new all-time low weight. Did a refeed today. Hoping its the last as part of this cutting stretch. Back to hardcore Keto tomorrow as that seemed to be the most efficient way for me to lose fat. I also created a new lifting program in JetFit. 5 day (chest/tri, legs, back/bi, legs, upper body). Its an modified version of 5 day program from M&S. And then i do cardio and flexibility training the other 2 days.

2781 calories (~maintenance) 219g protein, 34g fat and 420g carbs today.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Weight is up about 4 lbs. It was my friend's kids bday, so i had "a little" ice cream cake :p . But also had a root canal, so i have had some more carbs than usual. I am definitely learning that i much prefer my carbs later in the day because when i eat them for breakfast, i am hungry all day.

Weekly update: huge fluctuations in weight this week between some additional carbs and the antibiotics for my root canal. Gonna see if i can track a bit better this week.

Weight seems to be going down as my pain subsides. Was at 166.2 today which is my new all-time low weight. Did a refeed today. Hoping its the last as part of this cutting stretch. Back to hardcore Keto tomorrow as that seemed to be the most efficient way for me to lose fat. I also created a new lifting program in JetFit. 5 day (chest/tri, legs, back/bi, legs, upper body). Its an modified version of 5 day program from M&S. And then i do cardio and flexibility training the other 2 days.

DBs only?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

DBs only?

I have one move that uses an ezbar (curls) but that could be substituted for dumbbells.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff @psuLemon hopefully the last stretch of your cut is as smooth as possible! I am also a fan of protein distribution, I usually have the lowest at breakfast (20g) then 20-40g spread throughout the day in snacks and meals.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Sardelsa you look amazing!
    Motivation may be low but I can't tell.

I may have reached the end of my recomp capacity. At last measure shoulders did not grow. Quads and biceps shunk with the waist.

Increasing protein and carb for May. The journey continues....

8q7pvhomflih.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Awesome stuff @psuLemon hopefully the last stretch of your cut is as smooth as possible! I am also a fan of protein distribution, I usually have the lowest at breakfast (20g) then 20-40g spread throughout the day in snacks and meals.

Thanks. Interestingly, i am down today again to 165.5 lbs. Definitely seemed that i was retaining water from either the cut or my root canal.

This cut seems like its taking forever. Can't wait for it to be over so i can slowly build back up because i am already at a lower weight than i really want.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    As for me, I am 8 months post-partum, my weight is finally stable again. Phew. I am not even sure I am recomping anymore but at this point goal is to be lean enough to bulk in the fall without looking like a Twizzler. :p

ihh9ep3d9bm4.jpeg

Lifting is going well, added an extra 4th day to my sessions, a high rep banded glute and ab circuit day to keep my motivation high. Good for the days when the kids aren't cooperating it can be done in 20 min and anywhere in the house.

Hope everyone is doing well!

🔥🔥🔥... Great work!
    I don't understand looking like a twizzler tho 😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    So far I'm up about 17lbs in about 34 weeks, so still maintaining that roughly 0.5lb/week...
    However...

Waist is up from about 30.5- 30.75" to around 31.75-32"
    Abdominal pinch is up from around 9mm to 11mm
    So I definitely have added some fat...

But along with that my shoulders have increased several inches along with my chest and legs... Although bicep and calf growth is hard to come by...

My neck has also increased to, so when you plug my neck and waist into a navy method bf calculator... I'm technically leaner... Not by much tho

Mirror looks more or less the same in terms of fat gain but I'd like to think I'm noticibly bigger everywhere else...

However the one huge downside to all this is that ugh I just feel that extra fat I've added around my abdomen like 😣... I can't stop pinching and grabbing it and it's driving me crazy...

Not sure I have the stomach to keep going "no pun", really considering cutting calories for a bit until at least the bloating goes away...

Either way, just a hobby right 🧘🏽‍♂️✌🏼

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    It's been two weeks since my wife's birthday started some caloric wandering. Averaged just a tic about what I usually see as maintenance but have lost ~0.6 lbs on trend over that span (174.36) so my activity is actually up a little working from home. That also included cupcakes, ice cream, and birthday donuts spread around so I'll take it. The gym timer is probably making some difference there too and I did spend most of the day Saturday outside doing yard work. I did see a 173.0 on the scale Saturday, which I'd not seen since September.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    As for me, I am 8 months post-partum, my weight is finally stable again. Phew. I am not even sure I am recomping anymore but at this point goal is to be lean enough to bulk in the fall without looking like a Twizzler. :p

ihh9ep3d9bm4.jpeg

Lifting is going well, added an extra 4th day to my sessions, a high rep banded glute and ab circuit day to keep my motivation high. Good for the days when the kids aren't cooperating it can be done in 20 min and anywhere in the house.

🔥🔥🔥... Great work!

Thanks!! Haha maybe I was thinking of those Pull n Peels, stringy and all that :p
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

ihh9ep3d9bm4.jpeg

🔥🔥🔥... Great work!

Thanks!! Haha maybe I was thinking of those Pull n Peels, stringy and all that :p

You're awesome, and I don't even care what kinda candy you are 🤗
  • psuLemon
    Options

Thanks. Interestingly, i am down today again to 165.5 lbs. Definitely seemed that i was retaining water from either the cut or my root canal.

This cut seems like its taking forever. Can't wait for it to be over so i can slowly build back up because i am already at a lower weight than i really want.

Seem to be sitting around 166 still. I did take last weekend off and destroyed some food (pizza, ice cream, 5 guys... You know the usual). Went up to 170 after that and got back down. I suspect i am a bit lighter but i got a bad sunburn on Friday. Damn you golf!!!! Also started a new block in my lifting routine and holy *kitten* my legs are still killing me 3 days later.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like a cut...
    Sometimes I bulk 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Seem to be sitting around 166 still. I did take last weekend off and destroyed some food (pizza, ice cream, 5 guys... You know the usual). Went up to 170 after that and got back down. I suspect i am a bit lighter but i got a bad sunburn on Friday. Damn you golf!!!! Also started a new block in my lifting routine and holy *kitten* my legs are still killing me 3 days later.

I'm on the tail end of a 3 wave, 9 week program that has a user-chosen lift for the last exercise of each day. I thought on my leg day I'd add some good-girls, aka adductor machine. Done them plenty in the past but it had been a while. OMG! I couldn't walk straight for 3 days! lol. Needless to say my family got a kick out of it. Good entertainment for the quarantine.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for next powerlifting meet and have 58 days to get down 15 lbs! YIKES!!!

200.8 this morning.