Minute Brown Rice vs Regular Uncooked Brown Rice?

Options
Opinions? Which would you prefer?

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I've used both and prefer the regular brown rice. The texture and taste is much better than the minute rice.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I prefer the long-cooking rice too. While 'minute rice' is quick and convenient, it's more processed. When I cook rice, I often cook extra and freeze a couple of portions. That way I have something convenient, clean, and inexpensive at hand when I need it. :)
  • wolfey24
    wolfey24 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i prefer the minute brown rice :smile:
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I prefer the long-cooking rice too. While 'minute rice' is quick and convenient, it's more processed. When I cook rice, I often cook extra and freeze a couple of portions. That way I have something convenient, clean, and inexpensive at hand when I need it. :)

That's a great idea! I love brown rice but it does take awhile to cook. Thanks!
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    Yeah I've been eating minute rice for months now and I think it gets alot dryer faster then regular uncooked rice... Also since it has to be cooked twice it looses more nurtients... But 7 min is much more convient then 40 lol Thanx for your feedback!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Minute rice isn't bad, but if you have the time go with the regular. It's got a better texture.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I like them both, but usually opt for a quick cook brown rice. I like the minute rice, but my favorite is actually the 90 second Uncle Bens, or frozen steam rice from Birdseye because they are much quicker. My husband is still very resistant to brown rice because of the texture. He is more likely to eat the Uncle Bens than any other kind.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i like minute brown rice because i can never get the regular stuff to cook as soft as regular brown rice. i also hate waiting forever for the regular rice to cook, and i hate how it scorches the pan and burns the rice.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I get this brown rice from Uncle Bens that comes in bags that you drop in boiling water, takes 10 minutes. Works pretty well for me, tastes good, and I can warm it up a few days later if needed and it's fine.