Strength training calorie burn.

Options
Why is there no calorie burn with the strenght training?

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    find it in the cardio section under strenght training
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I just found a pretty interesting calorie calculator that assigned each form of exercise a number, moderate weight lifting was a 3.0 so to figure your burn you calculate your resting metabolic rate for an hour (RMR divided by 24) times 3.0 and that should be about what you burn.
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    Never entered any of my exercises on here cause it takes for ever so I donno about that. Obviously you do burn calories I guess it just depends on your resting time, reps, etc and they just cant figure it out cause its too complex to do on here probably.
  • just like with any other exercise, it's hard to calculate because calorie burn depends on your build. When I first started here on the site I was using what others had put in as their calorie burn for various exercises. Well, needless to say, I wasn't losing weight because it was not right for my body type. I highly recommend you purchasing a heart rate monitor so you can get a good idea of how much you burn for your unique body stats. Hope this helps!