Day 1 and counting...

Options
I just signed up today and finished making my food diary entries. I am looking forward to the journey ahead, but I am also somewhat hesitant. I help people for a living but refuse to ask for help myself. That's how I have ended up where I am now... very over weight. I have come to the realization that in order to suceed I need some buddies along the way. My little boy is only 2yrs and I am determined to get healthier so he can have a mother for many years (my own mother died from diabetes complications shortly before I had my son). My active boy keeps me away from the computer most afternoons, but words of encourgement are greatly appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    I just signed up today and finished making my food diary entries. I am looking forward to the journey ahead, but I am also somewhat hesitant. I help people for a living but refuse to ask for help myself. That's how I have ended up where I am now... very over weight. I have come to the realization that in order to suceed I need some buddies along the way. My little boy is only 2yrs and I am determined to get healthier so he can have a mother for many years (my own mother died from diabetes complications shortly before I had my son). My active boy keeps me away from the computer most afternoons, but words of encourgement are greatly appreciated! :smile:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: You've come to the right place :bigsmile: A lot of great people and ideas :drinker: Make sure you drink your water for the day. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: It does really help:flowerforyou: Also read the posts they are very helpful.:bigsmile: Good luck on your weight loss journey :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome and all the best!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Even if you don't ask for help you can seek solutions by reading all the good stuff that's been posted. Before long you'll want to participate and you'll feel like part of the the group.

I joined a few weeks ago and have learned a lot and felt the support of others. If I can do it so can you. I'm doing this one day at a time and taking baby steps.:bigsmile:
  • PurpleStarKatz
    PurpleStarKatz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey I just thought I'd stop by and say, I'm the same way, so I hear you in refusing to ask for help for myself.
    I grew up thinking I shouldn't ask for help, ect.
    So I'm the same way.
    And I'm only on my second day here, so I'm new too, haha.
    Best of luck to you!
    :smile:
  • ciao1977bella
    Options
    I am a fairly new member myself. The support I have found at this site is unreal. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • cslong1962
    Options
    Well sitting here at the nurses station wondering why I have gained so much weight in the last year. We started a biggest loser group here and I gained 3%. Time to change and do this right. I want to feel healthy and look healthy. Starting today things will change at home and at work. I'll have to get the wife to buy into the plan but she wants to look good at the beach this summer so we have until August. Hope to find support here. I was able to quit smoking last January 14 months ago and now I just need to stay committed to losing weight. I'll take any help or support that is offered.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • Esperanzas4
    Options
    welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks to all for the support and kind words. Joining this site was a really big step for me... just admitting that I can't do it alone is huge. Thanks so much for the love:heart:
    I think I am going to like it here :tongue:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    Well sitting here at the nurses station wondering why I have gained so much weight in the last year. We started a biggest loser group here and I gained 3%. Time to change and do this right. I want to feel healthy and look healthy. Starting today things will change at home and at work. I'll have to get the wife to buy into the plan but she wants to look good at the beach this summer so we have until August. Hope to find support here. I was able to quit smoking last January 14 months ago and now I just need to stay committed to losing weight. I'll take any help or support that is offered.

:bigsmile: Welcome. The best thing that happened to me was starting on this with my husband. Actually he started a different program but we are in agreement about wanting to lose weight. We plan meals together and discuss how we can make them healthier. There's a lot of information on this site about healthy eating. Good luck.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • JaynieLou
    JaynieLou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too, and I have a little girl who is a bit younger than your son (16 months) but I know what it feels like to need to lose the baby weight! I think one of my biggest struggles is going to be stopping myself from finishing whats left on my daughters plate, and stopping that 'tired' eating where you just can't be bothered to cook healthy after an exhausting day with a toddler! Hope we can support each other :D
  • GOmaggieGO
    Options
    Hello, welcome! I am also new to the site.All the experiences i have had so far have been positive and reading the message boards is very helpful.:flowerforyou:
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou: