2»

Replies

• Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    Certain size :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    After losing 124 pounds, I didn't look much different (although my health improved). For some reason, weight equally distributes on my body for the most part (although I think a good amount goes to my chin sides and butt lol....besides that though ^.^

I thought at 100 pounds I would be A-ok because I was 105 as a teenager (although I was a bit taller...long story). Apparently...no.

I didn't notice much change in appearance xD So if 24 pounds hardly changed my appearance, I set 20 more pounds as my goal to lose (although if I actually notice a change I will stop before that)...but nobody even believes I lost weight except the scale...seriously can't tell XD
  • Viewparadise
    Options
    I had a 'happy weight' in my mid-twenties, and I'd like to get back there again. It's right in the middle of my healthy BMI range and puts me in a size 8. I'm 5'9" and have a large frame.

How funny! I'm nearly 5'9" and my happiest size was a size 8! And that's not 'vanity sizing' either, but a TRUE 8! Size 8, here we come!!!!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I started my journey with a goal set at what the Dukan Diet calls "True Weight". It is a weight that takes into account age, sex, (number of kids you've had if female) as well as stuff like how much you've weighed at your least and most as an adult. It seemed a good place to start and more logical and personalised than BMI. You can check it out here http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/350-subscribe.html

I'm actually at the inital weight it calculated for me and still carrying too much body fat so have decided now just to work towards a body fat goal. For me at the moment that is 30% which was also calculated using an age based formula at my fitness centre. I have no idea what weight that will end up being or what BMI that will mean. I'll just wait and see now when it happens and how I feel and look at whatever weight that turns out to be.

I'm also at the initial weight it calculated... weird. Wonder if it does that for everybody!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Based on just BMI? Body Fat? A certain size?

I am not sure what my goal is yet and I have been here for almost 1.5 years. I would like to be the size I used to be which is a 10 but that was years ago and sizes have changed. I guess when I'm am fairly happy with what I see in the mirror is when I will be at my goal.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    I reached my "happy" weight (weight I was in highschool) and it was just reinforced by the fact that my body fat percentage is 18%
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weight, I decided it'd be fun to be under the 150 weight at the doctors, so I picked 145. Got there by pretty much diet along, wasn't too happy as my upper body was too thin and my lower body still too flabby. This time I'm hoping exercise, strength training and eating lots (and lots of protein) will help me be happier with my results. 145 is just a guide. If I get there and still don't like I'm thighs, I'll keep working somehow (I think my lifting and eating at maintenance).
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 pounds, 30 pounds then I just started eating well, changing my lifestyle and exercising. Down to a size 2. Now it's my goal to stay there......Went from 205 to 120ish.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I looked at the acceptable height/weight requirements for some I high adventure activities I would like to do in the next few years as a starting point. Not wanting to settle for minimum acceptable requirements as a goal I then looked at the "normal" BMI for my height. That was good for a laugh. So I split the difference between the two, since the "normal" BMI would have me looking like an emaciated quail.
  • hhan
    hhan Posts: 74
    Options
    I started my journey with a goal set at what the Dukan Diet calls "True Weight". It is a weight that takes into account age, sex, (number of kids you've had if female) as well as stuff like how much you've weighed at your least and most as an adult. It seemed a good place to start and more logical and personalised than BMI. You can check it out here http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/350-subscribe.html

I'm actually at the inital weight it calculated for me and still carrying too much body fat so have decided now just to work towards a body fat goal. For me at the moment that is 30% which was also calculated using an age based formula at my fitness centre. I have no idea what weight that will end up being or what BMI that will mean. I'll just wait and see now when it happens and how I feel and look at whatever weight that turns out to be.

I'm also at the initial weight it calculated... weird. Wonder if it does that for everybody!

Knowing quite a few very obese people who've used it, I suspect that it just chooses a weight that tucks into the Overweight BMI category for those who are very obese. I did a recalculation recently and it said my "True Weight" was about 20lbs less than the first time I calculated it.