weight loss = lower meds!!

Options
Went to the doctor because I lost my weight and was worried about my blood pressure being too low. When I stood I got dizzy and my site would start to blacken in. Soooo.. he cut my blood pressure med in half and I may not need it at all anymore!! I go back in 2 weeks and Ive been keeping track of it to show how low it still is. It runs 102 over 60..kinda low for me and Im still having problems when I stand up. Still its a wonderful VICTORY!!!

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    that is great great news
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what happened to me. My doctor cut my in half last visit, and I'm hoping next visit he totally takes me off the high blood pressure meds.
    It scared me when I got dizzy.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Thats great!

I wasn't on meds but was close to it. When I went in for my check up after losing 25 lbs she asked if I was feeling ok... I asked her why and she told me my blood pressure was so much lower and almost considered too low!

Keep it up! These NSV's are better than weight loss sometimes!
  • seasargasso
    seasargasso Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great, great news! Keep up the hard work.
  • runningmom1977
    Options
    That's a WONDERFUL thing to get off BP meds! Congrats!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite kind of NSV. Congratulations!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it feel GREAT? same thing happened to me. i have been off mine for just about a year now.
  • Tinks2007
    Tinks2007 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well done keep it up :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • suzikay
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm sort of hoping that might happen for me, too, in a while - the drop in blood pressure and meds necessary rather than the faintness, obviously - as I'm fed up with being a human maracca! Great news for you and your body: I'm thrilled for you.
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! It is exciting...so many things happening to our bodies!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!