Dad again at 50.

Routy69
Routy69 Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2020 in Introduce Yourself
A Dad again at fifty, with lots of excuses for how I ended up as I am now. Have used MFP previously with success, I have started a journey which is going to be a long road but each milestone I reach will enable me to keep up with my children. Why oh why did I ever stop using MFP. Would like to make this journey with people on the same road. I have never used this feature before, dieting can be a lonely endeavour. If you wish to add me as a friend that would be cool. I live in the Uk.

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Wow. Congratulations and good luck to you! 🍀
  • Routy69
    Routy69 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I know not quite what I was expecting turning 50. Thank you. This is the first week but I am starting to get the buzz back.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    The universe knew what you needed! <3
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Survey says...older dads live longer as do their offspring.

"You're More Likely to Get Your Kids Off to a Healthy Start"

"A large 2012 study published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ) found that little kids with older parents were healthier than kids with younger parents. Researchers took an overall snapshot of the health and wellbeing of a select group of children up to the age of 5. They learned the children with older parents had fewer accidental injuries, fewer social and emotional difficulties and were further along in language development.

You're Less Likely to Lose It
    Being an older parent also has its benefits when it comes to patience. A 2016 Danish study found that older parents were more adept at setting boundaries with their kids, and were less likely to yell at and harshly punish them, leading to fewer behavioral, social and emotional difficulties down the road. They also had less anxiety during pregnancy, had more stable relationships, and were in better shape financially — all factors that can contribute to a more chill parenting experience.

You'll Be More Financially Stable
    It seems like common sense that older parents are more likely to have established financially stability — but there’s actual proof. A Danish study published by PLOS One established a link between a parent's age with when they first became a parent and their lifetime earning ability.

You’ll Be Better Equipped To Access Your Parenting Memories
    Believe it or not, hormones can have an impact how your brain functions — and a 2016 University of Southern California study proves it. As it turns out, being an older parent can work in your favor when it comes to your mental state later in life. After examining a group of over 800 parents between the ages of 41 and 92, researchers discovered that parents who had their last baby after 35 had better cognition and verbal memory later in life than those who first became parents young.'

So time is on your side.

Age doesn't matter if the matter doesn't age.

https://www.bmj.com/content/345/bmj.e5116