Perimenopause, PMDD, exercise and HRT

Options
Yep, I'm a woman of a certain age...45 in August, and the premenopausal symptoms plus premenstrual dysphoric disorder are beating me to a pulp. My periods are every 25 days with a 'glitch in the hormone matrix' occurring during the ovulation stage and a week before bleeding....so that's 2 whole weeks of pure crapulence 🤔😶

I've been weightlifting for 2 years and have started running but some days I just can't function. I love my workouts, I push myself to do and be better but I'm being held back by evil forces!

I have a box of low hormone HRT in the cupboard but the side effects were weird on day 3 of taking them last time I tried so I stopped. I'm eyeing them up this morning because I can't go on although my inner voice tells me to carry on regardless.

Ladies, who hears me? Are you feeling like me, I am sorry if you do and I understand.

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am peri menopausal. It’s odd. Really strange. Anxiety, hot flushes, lack of periods. I don’t have any HRT tablets but have had cream in the past to replace lost oestrogen from ahem sensitive places. 😳 Some days I feel great. Others horrid. Getting out does help but I’m this current lockdown situation it’s not really allowed...
    Talk to your doctor. They may have another treatment to recommend.
    Keep at it!
    Chris
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    My friends and I complain about this stuff more and more these days.

I have been the most regular I ever have and with allergy season it seems my new ovulation symptom, along with the hello you're spotting cause stuff is happening, is a migraine. So much fun. It only lasts a couple of days but it's not a fun new development. Then there's the bloat. I feel like I'm bloated more than I'm not.

Hope you figure out a treatment. You're not alone