give me your thigh and butt exercises

Options
I lost 40 pounds over several years. Im working now to tone up and shape my thighs and butt. I've been working out consistenly everyday for 2 months now with cardio on M,W,F and weights and legs on T, TH, SA.
The flab in my legs just isn't toning they way i thought it would. I've been doing a lot of squats and lunges with weights. lots of donkey kicks, hydrants, and leg raises all with ankle weights. I even pulled out my old thigh master. I'm seeing results above the back of my knee, but i want to work those fatty areas that are higher up. Please give me some new ideas to work my legs and butt. Thanks :-)

Replies

• djaxon1
    djaxon1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell swings - maybe with a kettlebell alternative like dumbells
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I really like weighted split squats, deadlifts, and glute bridges or hip thrusts.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts and rowing.
  • NeahF
    NeahF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oooh!!! Okay, so I've also dealt with the desire to have better butt and quad definition without knowing what would target that area most. And so about 7 weeks ago I made the commitment to do these exercises everyday:

3 sets of 8 barbell hip thrusts
    100 squats (whatever version... If it's a leg day already, you can count those squats).

Results? Yes. I've seen less cellulite and more muscle. And I'm not sure if it's okay to be targeting those muscle EVERY DAY like I have, been I plan on keeping it a habit, so every day I do it. However, in order to give myself any needed recovery, maybe once a week, I will do completely unweighted hip thrusts and instead of squats, do maybe 100 of something else, so you're still keeping the habitual time in place, but giving your targeted muscle recovery. This has been my little expirement, so do with the info as you would like... Hope it was helpful :)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing results above the back of my knee, but i want to work those fatty areas that are higher up.)

Sounds like you need to lose more weight. Exercises don't target the fat there, they just enlarge the muscle layer under it. All that's needed for that are squats, deadlifts, and split squats or lunges.. using a weight that's heavy.
  • cyw5
    cyw5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts, hip abduction and glute bridges for the butt.
    Romanian deadlifts, conventional deadlifts, Bulgarian split squats, kneeling squats etc. for the legs.

The good things with these is, you can easily do them at home without any weights. Just add a resistance band.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Curtsy lunges, hip thrusts, glute bridges, side/front/back leg lifts (pointed and flexed, singles and pulses), sumo and regular squats, wide, narrow, and single leg deadlifts.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    All of the above plus running stairs.