Staying active in quarantine!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm new to this and am trying to stay eating healthy and active during quarantine and working from home!

Replies

• Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was going to send a Friend request but I don't know how. Will try again.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I thought for sure it would be easier to diet and exercise while I'm out of work, but it has definitely been easier to do none of those things. Haha.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    We aren't quarantined - we are in a stay at home order - so that's much easier for us. I take a long walk on my rest days.

Other than that, my gym has an app with workouts for us, plus I'm doing Instagram Live workouts too. Mostly intervals with hand weights.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    My issue is that I'm in a telework status and end up sitting in front of my PC for around 10 hours a day. I do make myself get out for walks and do a little lifting. Controlling my snacking and portion control has become paramount to not getting out of control.

Good luck.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Are you actually quarantine or just "stay at home"? I've found staying active much easier during this as my 2 hour daily commute no longer exists, so I've been cycling or trail riding for at least an hour most mornings and getting in some walks with the family as well. We are encouraged to go out and exercise and be active so long as we can social distance...we are not quarantined in our homes here.
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I’m getting cardio online workouts done in the morning and brisk walking a few miles in the afternoon. I don’t live in a neighborhood per se but my driveway is long enough and a loop that I use it as a track. The point would be to get movement/exercise in however you can. If you are strictly quarantined then online workouts are a great option. There are a million on YouTube. If you are stay at home, then I encourage you to get outside in the fresh air and get the heart rate up.
    As for nutrition, that has been a bit harder. We are all at the mercy of what is available to us and there are some shortages and price increases that will hinder our choices. I’ve just been choosing as close to whole and healthy food as I can as well as eliminating processed foods as the constraints allow.
    Every good choice and action moves you closer to your goal so think outside of the box and find what works within your situation. 👍🏼 Good Luck!