Walking my dogs

Options
So most of my exercise is walking my two dogs, Max & Gigi. I work from home (on the norm) and my daily schedule is pretty set. Are there any other excercise I can do that will bring on the benefits without taking too much time? Suggestions? Thnx 🙋🏻‍♀️ Jay

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    What type of dogs?

And Amazon video and YouTube have lots of workouts, some only 10-15 minutes long.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    How much do you walk them? I'm also at home now, and I walk mine at certain times: 10, 12, and 3. I take 2 dogs one time around the property, so 2 rounds each time(4 dogs). I also get up early to do workouts before needing to feed them and be ready for work. So, about an hour or more of YouTube or some DVD workouts. There are lots to choose from, anywhere from 10 min and up, cardio to strength, and everything in between. Then, when work time is over, I usually take a walk or do another 30 min video. Or I walk on my treadmill while we have a virtual meeting and I leave my camera off.
    Some of my favorite YouTube channels:
    Freedom fit
    Jenny Ford
    Fitoutsidethebox
    Sydney Cummings
    Yvette Bachman
  • RachelJay2020
    RachelJay2020 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I walk my babies at 7:30am, 11:30am and in the evening. I’ll look into some of the videos that you recommended. Thank you.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I post my workouts with a link every day! Send me a friend request if you like.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    If you're really stressed for time you could consider one of the 7 minute workout apps (which kind of remind of the old Canadian Air Force 5BX program)

https://webmd.com/fitness-exercise/ss/the-7-minute-workout-slideshow

fit450.com/HTML/5BX_Intro.html

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Cute puppies! Also a fan of Jenny Ford/Freedom Fit. You can also access her content on her Roku channel. Right now I'm loving the Peloton app. It's free for 90 days and it's so much more than spinning.