BodyBuilders Out there!

Options
Hey everyone I was wondering what your total calorie intake is when your in your bulking phase and how is it broken down?
Mines currently:

Protein 2g per/lbs bodyweight 
Carbs 3.5g per/lbs bodyweight
Fat 0.6g per/lbs bodyweight

5000 Total calories

Thanx for your feedback

Replies

• 06MustangGT
    Options
    Right now I'm shooting for about 3,300 calories. I'm on a 50/30/20 split of carbs, protien, fats. Prob gonna have to up to at least 3,800 though :\ nice job with the 5,000 dude esp cause it gets hard to keep your sodium and other crap down when you're eating that much.
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    Oh hard I know. Even if I eat clean like I did today my sodium is like 2700mg it isn't that bad compared to other days I have. That's a good calorie range to build lean muscle without adding the extra bf% Keep it up bro
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    You on any creatine or other supplements?
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    Couple of things mostly pre-workout:

Beta-Alanine 6.4g
    Tyrosine 2g
    Ginkgo Biloba 120mg
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine 1.5g
    Citrulline Malate 4g
    Multi-vitamin pack
    B-12 pills

Sometimes caffeine pills if I feel tired.

And of course protein powder by twinlab
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    Nice nice. I'm actually trying out Juggernaut by Infinite Labs. It's decent and doesn't have too much caffeine so if you lift later in the day it doesn't keep you awake at night. My bench and other core lifts have gone up significantly with it. Twin Labs is a good brand with good products. I'm actually on ON Whey Protein. Love all ON products.
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    I've learned to stay away from any pre-workout supplements, that's why I make my own.
    Try to stay away from anything that has Proprietary blend on the label.
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    yeah whole proprietary blend thing kind of bothers me because you don't really know what you're getting and if it's enough of each ingredient but it was one of those things where I got it for mad cheap and i've never taken a pwo before so i figured id try it cause my bench was stuck for a while and its done the trick .
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Not going into a mass phase anytime soon but here is what I would probably go back to; I have a lot of respect for Dr. Berardi.

http://www.johnberardi.com/updates/july262002/na_masscalculator.htm
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I've learned to stay away from pre-workout supplements, that's why I make my own.
    Try to stay away from anything that has Proprietary blend on the label.

Smart bro. I buy my ingredients from a bulk supplier and make my own blends. That way I'm certain I'm getting the right ingredients at the proper doses that are needed to elicit the scientifically proven benefits. Those PWO products contain too many ingredients that don't do anything, are a waste of money, and some even contain ingredients that are harmful.

During a bulk I try to take in 1,000 kcal above maintenance, so for me it's almost 4,000 kcal. During recom. I take in close to 3,000 kcal.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. I don't really know enough to contribute...but I'm interested in learning more.

So bump!
  • JNick77
    Options
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Nice.

That initial calculator you linked, tells me 5200cal/day lol.

I don't think I'm going to be doing that any time soon...that's well over double what I'm eating as it sits. Guess we'll see how it goes though.
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    5200 Cals isn't that bad to hit as long as you have your meals set and the foods ready to be cooked.
    It's true about these PWO ingredients I remember seeing one that had 600mg of caffeine, thats double of the recommended dose.
    I take in a bit more Cals because I work a 40 hr weeks plus 5 x at the gym a week so that already burns a good amount of calories during the day and I've been going up pounds so it's working out for me. Keep in mind so much of those pounds is lean muscle
  • JNick77
    Options
    5200 Cals isn't that bad to hit as long as you have your meals set and the foods ready to be cooked.
    It's true about these PWO ingredients I remember seeing one that had 600mg of caffeine, thats double of the recommended dose.
    I take in a bit more Cals because I work a 40 hr weeks plus 5 x at the gym a week so that already burns a good amount of calories during the day and I've been going up pounds so it's working out for me. Keep in mind so much of those pounds is lean muscle

That is kind of a lot (caffeine). I wake up very early to workout and have started taking Spike energy pills and they have been great. No jitters, no shakes, no dehydration and they do wake me up.

There is one proprietary blend that I would recommend but there's almost no calories in it. You guys may have heard of it, Mag-10 by Biotest. I really dont' get into supplementation outside of Spike and Creatine but the Mag-10 is legit. I drink some during workouts and then pulse a serving throughout the day, it's virtually no calories.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I used the original mag 10 prior to it getting banned, was very potent stuff, thus the reason for the ban lol. I started using creatine again and leaned out quite a bit as I just came off a bulking cycle.
  • JNick77
    Options
    I used the original mag 10 prior to it getting banned, was very potent stuff, thus the reason for the ban lol. I started using creatine again and leaned out quite a bit as I just came off a bulking cycle.

Ah yes that stuff was great too although probably paritally to blame for my current situation. The new Mag-10 isn't a pro-hormone of any kind, it's just a good hydrolized whey with Leucine and Citrulline.
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    I would still prefer making my own blends then buying expensive PWO that you usually get a tolerance for and become useless.
    It happened to me for all of them

No xplode
    Super pump
    Animal rage
    Jack3d
    Etc..
  • JNick77
    Options
    I would still prefer making my own blends then buying expensive PWO that you usually get a tolerance for and become useless.
    It happened to me for all of them

No xplode
    Super pump
    Animal rage
    Jack3d
    Etc..

Yeah I agree, most are totally useless.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Were any of you guys around when Ultimate Orange (aka Agent Orange) was being sold before it was removed from the shelves? That stuff was crrrrazy.
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    Never heard of it ^