Beginning All Over Again

Options
Good morning!
Im 22 yrs old, 5ft tall, weighing 197!
And dreading it.
I recently gained 40 pounds when my previous weight of 150 was bad enough.
Ive used MFP in the past to track calories and found it to be very effective and helpful!
Im now back again, and looking for friends to hold me accountable and keep me motivated through their achievements and vice versa. (:
Feel free to add me because I can’t seem to figure out how to add people.
Thanks!
Yesenia

Replies

• robynmac5819
    robynmac5819 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey, I want to tell you, you aren’t alone. I’m back at it as well. Three years ago in Jan I weighed 183(5’2.5” female). I worked my butt off keeping to my MyFitnessPal, running, and incorporated body weight strength training. I lost 60lbs in 6 months! I got down to my ultimate goal weight and was really tone. Then things got very tough in my life, my dad was getting very ill from complications of a very life altering stroke he had Dec2013(my mother was his 24/7care taker & I helped when I could). I stopped taking care of myself because all I could concentrate on was worrying about him and my mother and also taking care of my 3 young kids. I put myself in the backseat which I am actually okay with. Over 3 years, I gained it all back, + 7lbs. I tried getting back to it a couple times but I just couldn’t get going with everything going on. And I’ll admit, though never diagnosis, depression.
    Two weeks ago, I finally said ENOUGH was enough. I NEED to get healthy or I’m going to have an early grave.

Moral of the story, life happens. No one is perfect. Just know that you CAN DO IT, because you’ve done it before. Nothing to it but to do it. Start with little goals, short term. One foot in front of the other.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm back again for the (???) time, too. lol. It happens! Best of luck to you!
  • SteppenFetchit
    SteppenFetchit Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good morning!
    Im 22 yrs old, 5ft tall, weighing 197!
    And dreading it.
    I recently gained 40 pounds when my previous weight of 150 was bad enough.
    Ive used MFP in the past to track calories and found it to be very effective and helpful!
    Im now back again, and looking for friends to hold me accountable and keep me motivated through their achievements and vice versa. (:
    Feel free to add me because I can’t seem to figure out how to add people.
    Thanks!
    Yesenia

To add people

- Click on their name
    - Click on their name again
    - Click on the people icon to the right below their image
    - Request friends!

I have Android, not sure if or how iPhone or the online version of MFP might be different.

😃

PS - feel free to try it with me! 😉