50+ pounds gone with pictures!!

Options
Eight months ago, I was the heaviest I have ever been in my life - hovering between 248 and 251 - I joined MFP in April and I am now currently under 200!! :smile: MFP has been a total lifestyle change for me . . I went from exercising 0 times per week to now 5-6 times per week and I log virtually everything I put into my mouth.

I used to eat at least 1-2 candy bars per day, fast food 1-2 times per day, etc. - no more!! Yes, I still eat fast food on occasion and I don't feel deprived and I haven't ever felt starved. My "relationship" with food has completely changed. I eat to live, I no longer live to eat.

And I still have lots of stress in my life - work, kids, finances, the usual. Instead of drowning my stress in a bag of chips and/or candy, I go to the gym and work it out. I love swimming most of all. It's great exercise, but it doesn't feel like hard work.
I guess swimming is in my blood - I grew up on a lake and my whole family swims.

Exercise and eating well has brought a great deal of peace into my life - not to mention the health benefits, my blood pressure is lower than it's ever been, I am no longer on the verge of diabetes, I have cut my risk for stroke, heart attack, etc. literally in half.

I still have about 40 (give or take) pounds to go . . but I just want to say "thank you" to all my friends and family who have greatly supported and encouraged me along the way. And most especially my MFP friends, the majority of whom I've never met - but have helped me change my whole life dramatically!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! :smile:

On to the pictures . .

Before . .

IMG_0443-1.jpg

After . .

IMG_0088-1.jpg

A few tips I'd like to pass along that have helped me . .

1. Exercise! It has made all the difference for me! Those days when I don't feel like going to the gym cause
I'm too tired, stressed, etc. - those are the days I need to go most of all. :smile: Or at least take a nice,
long walk outside. Exercise increases energy - I didn't believe it before but now, I do!!

2. Eat slowly! Savor every bite. I always used to be the first one finished at any mealtime, now I am almost
always the last. Eating is not a race! I no longer eat in the car, driving to work, etc. either. I feel it breeds
mindless eating and bad habits.

3. Be prepared to fall off the wagon! Sounds funny, but so true. Be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself
up or quit - remember, it's a lifestyle change.

4. Log everything - or as much as possible! I have since April and it has made such a huge difference to see
it in black and white. Even on "cheat" days! It's pretty eye opening when I realize just how many calories
I was probably consuming prior to MFP. And especially sodium. I was a sodium "junkie"! Still a work in
progress on that one - probably always will be! :smile:

Replies

• vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Oops. . I messed up on the pictures! Will try to re-post! :smile:
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Please do re-post! :)

But I can tell just from your profile photo that you look great!!! Way to go!
  • vikesfanmb
    Options
    IMG_0087-1.jpg
  • vikesfanmb
    Options
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong!! Can anyone clue me in??
  • Roxstar75
    Roxstar75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I love to read stories like this. Makes my day! Can't wait to see your after pic. You LOOK GREAT!!!! Keep up the hard work.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! :-)
  • vikesfanmb
    Options
    IMG_0087-1.jpg
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    WOOO HOO!! You are truly an inspiration, so glad to have you as my very own MFP friend! I aspire to be where you are. I wish I wouldn't have quit when I started back in April. I could potentially be where you are now. You gave some really good tips, thanks for that.

Cheers to another 40!!!
  • vikesfanmb
    Options
    IMG_0443-1-1.jpg
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspirsation
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the great success! Keep it up!
  • vikesfanmb
    Options
    Trying the after one more time . .

IMG_0087-3.jpg
  • rchristison
    rchristison Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    great job! Thanks for sharing :)
  • longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You rock!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Roxstar75
    Roxstar75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You LOOK FANTASTIC!
  • spoccer
    spoccer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration. I, too, am at my heaviest and just beginning this journey (243 lbs). I hope I can progress as well as you have. And the tips are wonderful.. thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Way to go keep up the good work thanks for the tip about the gym. Swimming is also in my blood I love it!
  • alisonnicole84
    Options
    You look fantastic and I bet you feel even better! Congratulations!
  • vikesfanmb
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful words of support! :smile: Yes - I do feel a whole lot better! Still more work to do however!
    I am in this for the long haul - but it is so worth it! :smile:
  • holliehell
    Options
    wow! well done! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!