Tips on adding weight for home exercises?

Options
cyw5
cyw5 Posts: 10 Member
Hey guys,

I don't think I've seen a post like this before. If there is, sorry for the spam.

I was wondering if you guys could give me suggestions for weights that I can find around my house?

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of a home gym, but I feel that I want to put more strain to my workouts. I'm already using resistance bands and a rucksack where I've filled a few books.

Thank you x

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,444 Member
    Options
    Look at variations for bodyweight workouts. Convict conditioning has some nice progressions (posters can be found online). Or the bodyweight reddit is quite nice. Normal pushups too easy? One arm, hands closer together, stretched out arms, or further back, work on handstand pushups. One-legged squats or lunges, pistols. seated dips with elevated legs, etc. There's so much one can do without weights. Of course it won't be 'lifting heavy', but it doesn't mean you can't do anything.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Love the rucksack idea!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like split squats😉. As for weights, water bottles, soup cans, water jugs, kitty litter. I saw a video clip of someone lifting the end of their couch for deadlifts.