Cosmetologist I need your help!

Options
AthennasMommy
AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
Hello (:
Soo I have a question.
ive been looking to go to school for hair for a long time now and plan on doing it while still in high school if I can or right after I graduate, but I was wondering while looking at beauty school what should I look for?
I live In Casa Grande Arizona, and would be nice if you could also let me know if theres any great schools in my area.

thanks!

Replies

• luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Paul Mitchell is the best! That where I got my training. Do they have them in Arizona? If so I highly recommend this school! Good luck to you!
  • tinamarie0711
    Options
    Regency Beauty Institute is a great school i dont know if they would have one in your area i would google it and see if they do!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did an Aveda school in Chapel Hill, NC (http://www.avedainstitutechapelhill.com/) and now works in NY City at an amazing place and is really happy. Also, I love Aveda products so I'm partial to her training :) Good luck!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I got my license through high school. Made it so nice because it saved money, so hopefully you can go that rte. Idk how it is in AZ but here in VA the only thing I ever had to pay for was my state board kit to take my exam. I second the Paul Mitchell school, his products are my ABSOLUTE favorite and his color and decolorizer are AMAZING!! Idk of any schools near you, but it should be easy to do a google search. Also I know around here there is career training solutions, they are decently cheap far as I know and they tend to have a good program. Also you could try to look into apprenticeship programs at different salons in your area. I know Hair Cuttery used to do them and I am sure there are other salons who will too. Good Luck!!! =D
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i agree PM is the best. i sent a girl i know there and she loved it and got a better education then i did, with less money. i went to a private cosmetology school back in 2007 and i'm still paying. it was the price of a car. and i didn't learn jack ****. i let my license expire last year.
  • justdance311
    Options
    PAUL MITCHELL THE SCHOOL! Yes, I will shout it out to everyone that this school is the best ever. Don't go anywhere else, but Paul Mitchell. Just sayin'!