Failed Lap Band...anyone else?

Hi there. I'm a 59 year old woman new to the East Coast of Florida. This program looks interesting and I was wondering "am I the only one out there that failed the Lap Band?" What a struggle to get back on track. Lost 36 lbs, gained back 20. Anyone in my predicament? Would love to hear your thoughts. Peace.

Replies

• I will be honest and say I don't know much about lapband surgery, except that I have heard that a lot of the reasons for gaining weight back after any type of weight loss surgery, is the lack of changing your eating habits, and thinking that the surgery will just do all of the work for you.

Which is why I think that coming to a website like MFP was a great idea. With being able to log all of the food you are eating and holding yourself accountable for each calorie you put into your body, it really does aid with weight loss. I know I never used to be aware of what I used to eat, and when I started writing it all down it was shocking.

Good luck, if you are committed to lose weight, it will happen.
  • don't know about the lap band and failing that, but I agree... coming to MFP is an awesome plan. I has helped me where nothing else has before. Seeing what you eat can be an eye opener!

Welcome and good luck with your journey!