Ahhh... coffee ☕️. Do you like it? What’s your favorite morning drink?

Options
racergurltn
racergurltn Posts: 76 Member
Do you like coffee, if so what kind? Sugar/cream/cappuccino give me the scoop! I’m trying to expand my breakfast drink horizons.

Replies

• racergurltn
    Options
    Just saying...I drink the Keurig cappuccino mixes. It’s not healthy...loaded with the good stuff but it’s my only vice...well that and a drink here and there.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,430 Member
    Options
    I’m all about the coffee. Bought a Nespresso machine for the office so I can have coffee all day long. I prefer my extra calories for a glass of wine in the evenings, so just a small splash of milk or chocolate milk in my coffee. 🙂
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Hazelnut coffee, mocha creamer and sugar..☕

Used to drink sodas in the morning.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,430 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Hazelnut coffee, mocha creamer and sugar...

Sounds amazing!

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Hazelnut coffee, mocha creamer and sugar...

Sounds amazing!

It is.. one cup a day.. works for me..
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    yes.

I'll type more after my 2nd cup. Nothing else happens before that.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Can't go a day without at least one. We grind. Like beans from different regions purist style and special flavoured roasts.
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Coffee absolutely. Love it. Strong brew and some half and half.
  • SleepLiftRepeat94
    SleepLiftRepeat94 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I live for coffee. Preferably a dark roast and I will take it as is, black.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have a Nespresso machine, I like to make Americanos so espresso with water in it.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options

gk41ccbamrbe.png

eepv93lu0blx.png

I swill 4-5 Big Bang espressos every morning.

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Medium double double from Tim hortons.

Or instant coffee, half and half these days. - usually I do almond milk sweetener.
  • RidgelineFitness
    RidgelineFitness Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I love the taste of it when mixed with certain flavored creamers, but am currently in the process of giving up caffeine for better health.

I can't stand when people joke around about being unproductive zombies before having a cup. Make cute of it all you want, but that's just your withdrawals from the drug known as caffeine.

On that note – has anyone here been bold enough to try civet coffee?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Currently have 5 coffee beans to choose from daily so, yes...coffee. I take mine with some milk, no sugar.

I prefer black but, last year, my dentist basically told me I was messing up my mouth's Ph balance and that my spit was acidic 😭

I have a special, overly expensive toothpaste now and add 1-2 tbsp of milk to my 2 or 3 cups of coffee per day so that my spit is no longer venomous 🐍

If you don't have these sad problems, black coffee is the way to go so that you taste all the notes.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    Nope - diet mt dew for me 🤷‍♂️
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Cafestol in coffee has been found to improve insulin sensitivity.

In 2020, 34.2 million Americans—just over 1 in 10—have diabetes. 88 million American adults—approximately 1 in 3—have prediabetes.Feb 11, 2020

National Diabetes Statistics Report, 2020 | CDC

Previous studies have found that drinking coffee... compounds in coffee have improved the markers of T2.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22458694

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16967592

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/increasing-daily-coffee-intake-may-reduce-type-2-diabetes-risk/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. We grind our beans fresh every morning. We have a "daily drinker" which is Kirkland Whole Bean Blend medium roast. For "occasions" we have several different varieties of beans from the local coffee bean place down the road from us.

IMO, good coffee doesn't need anything and when you add stuff to good coffee, you're taking away from the actual flavor profile of the bean you are drinking.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    French press user here. We grind when we can get beans and I make a ratio of one scoop flavored coffee to 3 scoops regular ground coffee. Sugar and half and half if I can get it, or full fat milk.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • racergurltn
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I’m all about the coffee. Bought a Nespresso machine for the office so I can have coffee all day long. I prefer my extra calories for a glass of wine in the evenings, so just a small splash of milk or chocolate milk in my coffee. 🙂

Sounds amazing! Love me some wine too! 🍷