Staying fit during lock down?

Options
Im in the UK and "shielding" which means i cannot leave my house - not for excersis, not for food, not for medicine, nothing. I cannot leave for any reason. So ive been doing an excersise dvd each day, varying in intensity depending on how i feel. Ive been doing lots of house work, sweeping the back yard, etc. But my steps are still super low and id like to increase them.

Ive tried going up and down the stairs a few times but its suuuuuuuper boring and because im overweight its 5 times and im dead. I have a little step in my gardeb ive been going up and down although im not sure its doing anything.

Just wondering what other people are doing within the home to stay active? Any bright ideas?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I'd do really...I have an indoor bike trainer, so I guess I'd probably use that. Hard for me to envision...we are "shelter in place" but we can and are encouraged to go outside and exercise and otherwise get fresh air.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Mini trampoline. Fun and you can do it anywhere. They’re pretty inexpensive and you can order them online.

You’ve got it tough though. How do you get your food? Strictly delivery?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    To get my steps in, I've been listening to a podcast on my headphones while I walk laps through my living/dining/kitchen.
  • Volatilepossum
    Volatilepossum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing a lot of laps of walking round my small house while reading things on my phone or listening to music. The kids think I’m mad but it’s helping me stay sane since before all of this I was easily walking 6 miles a day just doing the school runs.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I’ve been loving Jazzercize on demand and have increased the weight Im using and I alternate it with the Insanity Max30 dvds at home. With some of the Jazzercize dance cardio programs I can hit 7000 steps in 40min
  • JK1542020
    JK1542020 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mini trampoline. Fun and you can do it anywhere. They’re pretty inexpensive and you can order them online.

You’ve got it tough though. How do you get your food? Strictly delivery?

Yes delivery or my husband is allowed out for food but I'm not and we take a risk everytime he does so thats only for emergencies. Yes going slowly insane. Constantly desperaye to just go walk somewhere!! This evening i just walked frantically around my living room which is very very small until it got to 8000 steps. Its not so bad if i gldo a good 30 mins cardio in the morning but i need rest days and on those days getting steps in feels like an impissble task!
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ryan Heffington on Instagram. His dance party class is a great workout and super fun.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I've created a huge workout playlist for myself on youtube - fitness blender, yoga with adriene, popsugar fitness, etc and I pick 2-3 videos to do per day. In addition to my old Jillian Michaels and Insanity dvds. I have 2 sets of adjustable dumbbells at home, some resistance bands and a kettlebell.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Dancing :-)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I'm in UK and also on sheilding (my daughter only has 1 damaged lung)

I get YouTube on my TV and follow Leslie sansone walking fitness
    She has some 3 mile walks, they are pretty simple to follow

I also have an elliptical and an indoor bike

We have a large trampoline in the garden but I'm a bit dubious about my weight on that but it's really handy for the kids (2 ASD kiddos)