Invisible NSV

Options
When I first started working out (seriously, this time, not like before when I quit several times), I had such a hard time completing 30 minutes of the beginner level of Nike Training Club! I was out of breath, sweating, not to mention "sweet" words addressed to exercising and "Why do people do this on purpose??? This is crazy!!!! It hurts and I get so tired!!!!". Well, I stuck to it the entire month of August, advanced to intermediate level, exercising 4 times/week on average and from 30 minutes to 45 minutes workouts. I pushed myself when I added more minutes and higher intensity, but I survived. Today I didn't want to exercise, but decided to compromise and I did the very first beginner 30 minutes workout. I didn't die!!!! It was a lot easier to do it than before! I didn't see many changes in my body, so I had doubts if my workouts are paying off, but I like this added strength and endurance I gained. Great motivation knowing that even if the changes in your body are not visible, that doesn't mean they're not there.

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    That is seriously amazing. The same happened to me just recently, and the feeling is remarkable. I hope you continue to keep it up. Fabulous job!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    that's great! I love feeling stronger as well!
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, I wish I could have that kind of break through. Most of my exercise entries are slow walk (aka shopping), cooking, and cleaning. I only count it if I genuinely worked up a sweat and I round the time down (if I shopped for an hour and a half I call it a hour, if dinner took 45 minutes I call it a half, so on) but still, I rarely get anything major in, mainly because every time I do I have that "Why do people do this on purpose???" thing going. Tomorrow is the first truly cool day we have had so far so I am determined to try to go for a real walk, not just a slow meandering around a grocery store, but an honest to goodness, fast as I can without passing out, walk. Congratulations to you for pushing through and making it this far.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    well done! thats an awesome achievement xx
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • fitsize12
    Options
    WTG. That's actually inspired me to some 'on purpose' real exercise. I want to get that feeling :) thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!