Best low carb, low fat protein shake

Options
Hi,

I need a low fat, low carb protein shake. I'm trying to follow a regime based on %protein %carb and %fat in my diet by I can;t seem to find any low carb protein powders. I'm in the UK by the way!

Kx

Replies

• jayne2177
    jayne2177 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try the maxitone shakes
  • petemj98
    Options
    try optimum nutrition whey protein or casein protein. its for weight lifters but the calories per scoop are 120 cal 23 grams of protein i think no carbs. I use them when working out, also using them as meal replacement. Made with water tastes good, especially the banana, strawberry. The casein is a slow absorbing one, which i use at night before i go to sleep, its also like 120 calories.
  • feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Ill look into that - 120 calories is so low!
  • SeanMurphy
    Options
    Anything marketed as a "protein shake" is going to be nutrition store prices for what amounts to mostly sugar. If you get yourself a batch of pure Whey Protein Isolate, you can mix your own. You can mix it straight with water and some ice cubes and blend in one of those bullet type blenders for a smooth, frosty, fat free, sugar free, nearly taste free shake to get extra protein. You can also substitute the ice cubes for a frozen banana and have a tasty protein shake with some carbs for an after workout recovery drink.
  • feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good tip! Thanks
  • hannydee
    Options
    I've been looking for the same. Done a bit of online investigating and I think I'm going to go buy some Maxitone Definity tomorrow. They sell it at Boots.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use MHP ISO 50, it's low carb, and I use Max Muscles High 5 protein, also low carb. Dymatize has an ISO 100 blend of low carb stuff as well. MHP and High 5 are geared a lot more for lifters, but both are low carb powders. Dymatize has 1G Carb per serving I believe, and 26grams protein per scoop, MHP has 25G Protein/scoop, and I think High 5 has like 26 as well. I rotate the 3 in and out frequently depending on my mood and what flavor I want.
  • Hollie230700
    Options
    I have Maxitone Sculptress diet shakes every day in Banana Split flavour, I think they're great and would definitely recommend them! They're about 200 calories a shake, actually taste nice and really fill me up. It's £25 a tub in Boots but they sometimes have offers on them; there's usually offers on the Maxitone website as well.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My protein and bodybuildingsupplements both have cheap protein and lots of good flavours like cookies and cream, bananoffee...
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any of the "Whey Protein" powders can be the basis for what you are looking for. They will generally get you 20g of protein for about 100 to 130 calories.

I mix mine with a 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup of water and keep the whole thing under 200 calories.
  • hannydee
    Options
    Right, I bought me some Maxitone Definity in Chocolate flavour. Firstly: it's DELICIOUS. Secondly, it only has 120Kcal per serving, 24.3g protein, only 2.04g carbohydrate and 2.07g fat - so I think that's the kind of thing you'd want? They do Strawberry and Banana flavours too.
    That's compared to their Sculptress range, which has 209Kcal per serving, 15.9g protein, 24g carbohydrate and 5.3g fat! How their marketing that one as a weightloss shake doesn't quite make sense to me.
  • martinh78
    Options
    PHD Diet Whey in Tesco is cheaper than the maxitone stuff per serving and the belgian chocolate tastes great. Have a look at teh phd website and it's cheaper again.

I'm on my second batch of it and very pleased with the results. Ok, the cals are a bit higher at 190, carbs at 6, but the protein is too at 35grms! It contains green tea extracts and other stuff as well. Good before bed as it is slow releasing.
  • MrsX07
    Options
    I drink the Horleys Protein Shakes for Ladies, they are very low in fat, carbs and sugar. Banana is my fav!!
  • chago1971
    Options
    Hemp Protein has worked wonders for me.
    I use TEMPT brand Hemp Protein Powder/High Protein
    made by Living Harvest (google it).