Out of control

Options
Hey..... I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life but since the corona virus I am out of control. I know it is emotional eating but I’m struggling to control it hence I am on here for inspiration and help x

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes it’s really messed me up too can’t get things to go right at all, I know if I cM get to grips with weight loss again I will feel better
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The most important thing you can do is forget every single thing all those diets tried to teach you.

With a clean slate... you have a bank account of calories, spend them on anything you want... it's up to you to decide what is nutritionally important to you and what will keep you on track, calories are like money, every day you get paid, so spend them on what you need.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,696 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ginaje2014 wrote: »
    Hey..... I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life but since the corona virus I am out of control. I know it is emotional eating but I’m struggling to control it hence I am on here for inspiration and help x

@ginajea2014 ask your self what you want and why then work at it
    Watch your portions and try cutting one thing out at a time. Try logging all your food no matter what it is or how bad. That's a start. Don't be hard on yourself you are worth it. You got this. Good luck with your journey

• dejavuohlala
    Options
    One day at a time, i fell of the wagon since lockdown good luck
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Options

@dejavuohlala I feel off the wagon also and went into a major weight Gain. I started thinking about who I didn't want to be again and now I have taken back some of my control. I now you can get what you want. Stay positive with your thoughts.
  • bluej85
    bluej85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm back on this site for pretty much the same reason, I need to start logging again and get myself under control. The daily math and menu planning is the kind of routine I need right now and for me is weirdly relaxing, there was always this dread I'd been getting everytime I tried to think back on what all I've eaten in a day and couldn't even really remember. Now it's simple objective numbers I can reference.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options

@dejavuohlala I feel off the wagon also and went into a major weight Gain. I started thinking about who I didn't want to be again and now I have taken back some of my control. I now you can get what you want. Stay positive with your thoughts.

Thank you for your encouraging words I really needed that. It’s seems I get some good eating control and when the losses don’t happen I go backwards take care stay safe
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Options

Thank you for your encouraging words I really needed that. It’s seems I get some good eating control and when the losses don’t happen I go backwards take care stay safe

Keep doing what you are with your good eating habits and the scale will move in time.
  • mommabearmarie
    mommabearmarie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Saaaame! Decided it was time to listen to my thyroid doctor and do what he is telling me to do. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I basically ate my feelings for a month during lockdown. I work in a psych unit, so the stress of the lockdown on top of my normal stress really had me eating things I would never normally eat. You should try and forgive yourself, and try and remind yourself that your body deserves more... and I don't mean more pie :) Feel free to add me if you'd like.