Best full body workouts?

Options
Im new to working out and not sure whats best do to for the best weight loss results?
Any idea that i can do at home without going to buy a video or equipment. (I have a set of 3 and 5 pound dumbbells.)

Replies

• rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you already have the dumbbells, you should try the 30 Day Shred. That will whoop you!! Good luck!
  • rubyeskimo
    rubyeskimo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you already have the dumbbells, you should try the 30 Day Shred. That will whoop you!! Good luck!

I second the 30 Day Shred! It really makes your whole body ache afterwards!
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    I've heard of the 30-day shred through friends I made on MFP. Apparently it's quite intense. I learned to efficiently exercise through kettle bell strength training. Building lean muscle through strength training is the primary objective of kettle bell training, but many of the exercises I learned also incorporate elements of cardio training, so I get the best of both worlds. If you're interested, check out youtube for kettle bell exercises and see for yourself if it's for you. Because many of the exercises I learned during kettle bell training are cardio-related and do not use the kettle bells, I am unfortunately unable to direct you with cardio; but I'm sure youtube has an abundance of cardio exercises, such as sprint-walks, burpees, lunges, etc. Best of luck to you!

Regards.
  • yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates

casey is awesome :) her videos are an easy, fun way to workout at home.
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    I went searchg you tube and found a website called bodyrock.tv, full of exercises to do at home and recipies.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Running/jogging/walking. Take a look at the C25K program. It's fab. And free. Ask me if you want any more info.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    A great resource is "The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like A Man, Look Like A Goddess" by Lou Schuler with Cassandra Forsythe. It dispels the many myths regarding women and strength training (You wont ever bother with 3 or 5 lb weights again.), spends a large portion of the book on good nutrition (and also dispelling more nutritionn myths) and nicely organized section on workouts/form. I liked it because it provides basic lifting techniques using just your body weight or free weights. Very little if any gym equipment is required. So you can do your workouts at home if you want. And thus no excuses!!