Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

crock pot oatmeal help

jessicarn76
jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
So I have some bananas that need to be used. I don't feel like making bread so I was thinking to use some of the steel cut oats I have and make some crock pot oatmeal over night... I've never made it before, can I throw these bananas in too and maybe some cute up apples? Anyone have any tips?

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Have a look at the gracious pantry website - she has great oatmeal recipes - including for the crockpot. I have never actually cooked with banana, but it will be awesome mashed in at the last minute - just before you eat it....

Also look out for some healthy banana muffin recipes - and they are always better the day after you have baked them :-)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    bump
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Yeah I would think it would be better to do the fruit uncooked or at the least right towards the end for a shorter time. Otherwise it would turn to mush.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    How cute are these apples, exactly?
  • bump:smile:
  • killagb
    How cute are these apples, exactly?

Adorable, I bet! :glasses:
  • jessicarn76
    LOL, love my typos! I was thinking "cute apples", what are they talking about?? ;) I think I'll try it like you said then when I get up in the morning, throw in the bananas and cute apples.
  • killagb
    LOL, love my typos! I was thinking "cute apples", what are they talking about?? ;) I think I'll try it like you said then when I get up in the morning, throw in the bananas and cute apples.

Toss the ugly apples out, for sure.
  • When I do my version of overnight oatmeal (cold) I put the banana in from the beginning. Yes it gets mushy, but you still have the banana flavor.... so either way would work.
  • ScottInTheOC
    ScottInTheOC Posts: 13 Member
    I'd put them in towards the end. This way there is at least "some" texture from the fruits rather than everything "mush" down overnight. Cook your oats (steel cut is awesome, btw) and add your fruits when you get up. I luv that here is some crunch from the "cute" apples and some brightness front he bananas! :)
  • jessicarn76
    Well shoot, I already mixed it up and forgot about adding the cute apples in the morning. I'll add the banana in the morning though. Hope it tastes as good as I'm expecting it to!