Anorexia Nervosa in Guys

Options
Hey Everyone,
My name is Tony. I used to weigh around 380lbs. I made a decision close to 2 years ago to try to become healthy and lose weight. At first everything was great I was healthy and on track. First few months weight was flying off. 1 year in I was at 198 lbs so just over 180lbs of weight lost. But somewhere in my head I guess it wasn’t enough with in 2-3 months I was down to the 180 mark. I found my self obsessing over losing weight. And fearful of gaining weight. Ignoring all the signs of what was going on I kept on with how I was training and eating. Now I am sitting at a weight of 173lbs. Feeling drained and depleted most days. I feel as if I can’t let off the gas because of my fear. I’ve talked to a few people and came down to the conclusion I have a form of anorexia Nervosa. The scale might not show it. But I am starting to get sick. Resting HR sitting at 40-45 BPMs. I stand up I get light headed. It’s a whole mess of crazy things. But I still find my self counting every little calorie and making sure I work out as much as I can physically. I need to know if there are any men out there that suffer with this. I really would love to get past this with out therapy. But honestly food frightens me. And going backwards all together. Any tips or tricks!? Any Males out there. I know many females suffer from this but I never see any men.

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Tony, you've just faced the music. That's the first step. Now sit down face-to-face with someone and talk this over. I think there are some men here who can direct you further. Take care of yourself, Tony. <3
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It will be immediate on if he can or cant do what pav suggests.

If he puts his calories up, eats them.. his actions afterwards will define where he is..

When it was me, it was the feeling of deep anxiety, like you just couldnt stop focusing on the fact that you ate as much as you did even when it was a healthy amount, and immediate correction takes place..

It's a game of balanced unbalance, where the scale needs to be deficit heavy and it will be corrected with even more deficit and exercise to purge those calories and create even more deficit..

The anxiety and fear if he is where I fear he is, will be quick to show him and us, if he hopefully keeps us updated, where he is.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Seek professional help. We are moms and college students and neighbors. Not professionals. We can't help you.
  • Tonyw78x
    Tonyw78x Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m doing my best to grasp what I am going through. I did open up to all the closest people to me and have them trying there best to keep an eye on me making sure I am doing the right things. I’m still struggling mentally about food. Constantly thinking about it. I’m getting closer to not being in a deficit. But it’s still throwing me off a lot.