What is a normal weight for a 5 foot 9/10 male 20 years old

Options
Currently I sit at about 148 - 150 pounds, I give this range because it fluctuates daily. I’m pretty active in the realm of cardio, low intensity getting around 15,000 steps a day. This has been my resolve due to covid as no gyms are open and I can’t swim which is my favorite form of exercise. When I read BMI ranges for my height it says I’m somewhat in the middle, or near the lower side. Any opinions on this and sorry for the lengthy post but I figured the more information the better. Also any thoughts on caloric intake in terms of calories?

Replies

• Dolph452
    Dolph452 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 192 lb. there is no "normal" weight, just whatever is normal for you. This link has some good calculators on it for working out some baseline numbers for you - shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/.

From there it's just a case of tracking your calories to fit your goal. If you want to gain weight, eat about 200 a day more than you're burning. To loose weight, about 200 less. Weigh in once a week at the same time of day (I do Sunday before breakfast), and tweak your calories according to what the scales tell you. Don't rely on them 100% though. A mirror and progress photos are your best friend.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Using BMI as a general guideline, healthy weight for a person 5'9" can range from 129.3 to 182.8.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    I would only add that your weight is at a healthy level.

And that weight level can be more accurately determined by using a weight trend app and daily not weekly weigh ins, especially when making small changes.

Smartbmi.com can give a generic blurb about broad inferences that can be made based on your current weight level.

I would think that your athletic and aesthetic goals will more determine your course as you don't seem, on the face of it, to have a weight level issue.
  • Dolph452
    Dolph452 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Using BMI as a general guideline, healthy weight for a person 5'9" can range from 129.3 to 182.8.

6brc5sf2fuig.jpg