What are some small things you do each day to improve your overall fitness?

Options
I think a lot of us when we think of fitness focus on high-intensity training, strict diets and running, but there are a lot of small changes you can implement into your day that (over time) adds up to noticeable improvements.

What are some minor things that have helped you become more active?

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walking to places whenever possible. Good luck! :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Only giving myself the privilege of listening to fun music when I'm excercising
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I do something active everyday. Twice a day most days of the week. Nothing too intense that I need to rest, but I move my body daily.

Also I'm always looking to increase my NEAT throughout the day.

Instead of just sitting and watching a movie sometimes I will walk/jog place or use my mini-stair stepper for a bit or do one legged tricep dips off the couch. Instead of sitting on a phone conference call I will pace. I take my pup out on short walks. When putting dishes away I'll do some squats. Back when I went places I'd park further and walk and take the stairs instead of the escalator. These small bursts of activity really does add up.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Plain old walking. At first, during Covid it was just one 2 mile walk per day to avoid cabin fever. Then it grew to 2 and 3 walks and getting longer. The Fitbit helps too.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Drinking 2L of water (helps with my migraines as well!)
    Laying out my workout gear at night for the next morning- clothes, pre workout measured and in cup (just gotta add water), charge headphones. I am 100% more likely not to go back to bed when I see those staring at me.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Only giving myself the privilege of listening to fun music when I'm excercising

Similarly, listen to interesting podcasts during walks.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Progressive overload. Do one more rep than the last session or add weight. That’s what moves me closer to my goal.