Baby Weight :(

I was a size 4 (aus) before i fell pregnant. Im now a size 14 and my daughter is already 2 years old!

I have 10kgs to lose but just cant seem to find the encouragment and motivation to continue working out every day.

So i need lots of friends to help me! Add me and we can help each other along the road to success!!

Replies

• rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!

This is a great site for working out and finding that strength to get going! =) I love it! I am addicted and hopefully you will be as well =)
    I was a size 4 (aus) before i fell pregnant. Im now a size 14 and my daughter is already 2 years old!

I have 10kgs to lose but just cant seem to find the encouragment and motivation to continue working out every day.

So i need lots of friends to help me! Add me and we can help each other along the road to success!!
  • EmsyB78
    EmsyB78 Posts: 90 Member
    Hello Fayecolley
    I'm on here to shed the baby weight too! I gained over 4st being pregnant. My son is nearly 8 months old and I've not shifted any (in fact I think I've gained more since he was born!!) So I'm with you all the way! My worst habit is lack of motivation...I start all guns blazing, fired up and ready to go and somewhere down the line (anything from a week to 4 weeks) it tails off and i'm back to a rubbish diet and skipping exercise classes. My friend is a fitness instructor and said this site is excellent. I need positive motivating friends on here too....

Anyone? xx
  • I just had a baby too. He is 11 months old and recently me and my husband just joined the YMCA. I really feel that has helped me get my motivation to get back in shape. We put our baby in the child care area and we all 3 go as a family. Lots of good classes there to try too!! Good luck. I feel like exercise is the key to it all.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    HI! That baby weight is very discouraging but you can do it!! I was 154lb army girl 2 1/2 years ago then this year I was a 186lb stay at home mommy. I have a 27 month old and 9 month old. I started trying to lose baby weight and kept going. I'm at 146 now and in better shape than when i was enlisted !! You just have to get up every morning and do it for yourself and those wonderful babies. The more you are in shape the happier you are going to be and the more you can keep up with them. That's a win for everyone :) feel free to add me!
  • i'm still trying to lose the baby weight (nearly 2 year old and nearly 3 year old at home).

My turning point was when I was bridesmaid for my twin sis's wedding and I saw the pics of myself. The shame.

My suggestion is to take a pic of yourself and stick it up somewhere. That's motivation. You will love losing the weight and buying/fitting into smaller clothes. It quickly becomes an obsession.
  • I am in the same boat. I have identical twin boys that will be a year old at the end of the month. I gained almost 80 lbs (gasp) when I was pregnant. Between the bed rest (13 weeks) and high fat and protein diet, it just about killed me. I feel like over the past year i have been on auto pilot. Eating whatever and doing the min to just get through each day.

About 7 years ago I lost 70 lbs and kept it off. It was during and after the pregnancy that packed it all on. I just started this site today and am so happy to have found it. I am beyond determined to do this. It kills me looking back at all of the pictures of my boys, and there are only a few of me and them. I am just to embarrassed to have any taken of me. If you need a friend, I am here. =o)