Smoothie recipe adjustment to hit macros

Options
Hi everyone

I'm 6 weeks post partum with my 3rd child and starting my healthy journey. I've worked out my macros for a breastfeeding mum and have just logged my smoothie for breakfast.

However I was wondering if anyone can advise on the best way to adjust my recipe to hit my macros better. I'm new to this so be kind. I have the smoothie every day as it's a placenta smoothie and good for milk production and my mental health. Please dont offer judgement on that as I know it's not for everyone but it is for me :-)
Thanks in advance x

Calorie goal 1819
Macros
Carb30% 136g
Protein40% 182g
Fat 30% 61g

Smoothie recipe
Oat drink 300ml
Frozen berries 100g
Banana 140g
Protein powder 20g
Linseed 10g

424cal
Carb 55% 59.1g
Protein 22% 24.1g
Fat 23% 11.2g

Replies

• denzyredd
    denzyredd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also I am dairy free hence the oat milk. Thanks.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This is going to be hard to do without know what you're eating the rest of the day, but basically if you want to decrease the carbohydrate and increase the fat and protein, you'll use less of the higher carbohydrate ingredients (banana, berries, and oat milk) and more of the other ingredients.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you want to increase the fat, you could replace some of the banana with avocado
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The smoothie looks pretty good the way it is. What macro targets do you feel you'd like to adjust for? As others said, it's hard to say without seeing your total day.

You protein target is very high for the day. I am a weight lifting man and my target is 40 grams less than yours based on 1 gram per lb of lean mass. Are you trying to get more protein in the smoothie? If so, more protein powder.
  • denzyredd
    denzyredd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.
    My protein target is because I am breastfeeding and it helps to protect the milk supply. Now I'm not hitting it.... and that's ok. But I figured if I had a lower target and didn't hit that either as I wasnt trying so hard then it would be a bigger fail! Also I'm not currently exercising as I'm only 5 weeks post partum so thought if I can get in some good consistent eating habits first then when I add in the exercise I'll be away!
    On the protein front I've ordered some vegan protein powder after much research so I hope it tastes ok. I'm eating boiled eggs as snacks, chicken, tuna for dinner or lunch, more eggs. But finding my carbs target is surpassed pretty quickly in the day. Fat tends to be more bang on.