Simple meal - vegetarian (my favourite)

Options
u04kmm5
u04kmm5 Posts: 46 Member
I'm part Italian so I LOVE spaghetti and sauces! I have recently given up meat (gone off the taste of all meat completely) so I thought that spaghetti would be one of the hardest meals I'd give up (with out beef mince)

This is one of my favourite meals.
Ingredients:
wholewheat spaghetti
tin chopped tomatoes (or if you can be bothered, fresh tomatoes that you can soak in hot water and peel - I used to do this)
garlic
a medium - large onion
chilli
seasoning to taste (I usually added mixed herbs and loads of pepper)

Ok method:
Spaghetti is self explanitary
fry the onion, add the garlic, add the tinned tomatoes (or fresh), add all your chilli/seasoning and bring to the boil and simmer for 5/10mins
DONE!
Add some parmasan if you like!
It's so easy and quick and I feel as though using a big onion add a lot of "bite" to the meal seeing as there is no meat.

I count it - as a meal - to be: 303 calories give or take! ENJOY

Replies

• melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've done this before myself. It's yummy. I like to add crunchy veg - like chopped peppers, mangetout peas or babycorn - as you say it "adds to the bite" and makes it look a bit more than it is.

OK I'm getting hungry... lunchtime! :)
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    when i am making it for only me i skip the meat sometimes and put zuchini (spelling) and mushrooms in it. don't really miss the meat at all!
  • u04kmm5
    Options
    I like to add crunchy veg - like chopped peppers, mangetout peas or babycorn - as you say it "adds to the bite" and makes it look a bit more than it is.
    That's a good idea!
    I forgot to say that added peppers would be nice!
    Unfortunately peppers disagree with my tummy but it would be a good addition as you say!
  • u04kmm5
    Options
    I like to add crunchy veg - like chopped peppers, mangetout peas or babycorn - as you say it "adds to the bite" and makes it look a bit more than it is.
    That's a good idea!
    I forgot to say that added peppers would be nice!
    Unfortunately peppers disagree with my tummy but it would be a good addition as you say!
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've added courgettes (which I think is the same as zucchini, right ?) and some mushrooms, and made a big vegetable pasta dish. Love it xx