Weight scale that syncs w/ MFP

Options
What type of scale that you weigh yourself on syncs with MFP

Replies

• LucyNFS
    LucyNFS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I purchased an Aria Fitbit scale and it worked with my Fitbit watch for 6 months. I called the company and the support department could not figure out why the product stop sycing to my watch.That was three or four years ago. It still is not working. The whole purchase of the Aria weight scale was to so I could track my weight on my cell phone. I will not purchase another one.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have a Qardio that is supposed to sync, but I've had no luck getting it to work.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,872 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Many scales including cheap amazon ones would sync to Fitbit, google fit, and samsung health (and I am sure others to apple health).

MFP and samsung health and apple health integrations seem to have some issues.

Fitbit integration also has some issues sometimes but has been **relatively** rock solid.

Pretty much all of these including Fitbit (not sure about apple and samsung health) allow for free accounts without any device.

I was using an Aria. it was a good scale but definitely premium priced (and with the support level that matched the price).

It had some Wi-Fi version 1 problems because it was based on a old and not well supported chipset. The bio-impedence results were again a version 1 effort for glass scales and were slightly more inaccurate than the normal level of inaccuracy one would expect.

I still liked the scale, though I maybe banged it around a bit too much--- till "crack" it went!

I got a cheap replacement from amazon. I am just as happy with it... at 1/4 to 1/5 the price.

Less polished? Check. Less support? Check. Extra step to connect to Fitbit? (open app and click on +) Check. Did I mention $30 on sale / $40 vs $150? (l would expect all vesync / vesync fit compatible scales to be oem products from the same factory with different labels/covers... I got myself an etekcity ESF24)

If you don't want to be going down the rabbit hole of potentially very misleading bio-impedence body fat measurements, I believe the Fitbit Aria AIR is now out, at the same-ish price level as the various amazon scales I am discussing.

It would sync via the Fitbit App via bluetooth instead of over wi-fi directly with the mothership. So a similar experience to those "Amazon" scales.

Fake reviews on Amazon? Absolutely. However I'm relatively happy with the performance of the one I got.
  • richardalbertbryant1146
    Options
    I too have he Qardio scale and the sync application doesn't work.