Chain Menu Items, But How To Calculate Without Certain Ingredients

boots4409
boots4409 Posts: 16 Member
Hi All!

I recently ran into an issue with logging a menu item from Jamba Juice. I like to leave out ingredients that are high in sugar or calories that aren't needed (example, Honey). I usually personalize menu items because of this reason.

How can I log the item accurately nutrition wise so I don't have an incorrect log? I tried to log it via recipe builder too and since the amounts of ingredients used in the recipes are unknown this leaves a problem with accuracy too.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    If your are logging on your computer, not the App, you can put in negative serving amounts. For example on your honey if you know how much they use you can enter -20grams or whatever the correct amount is. I do this a lot when I customize menu items.
  • boots4409
    boots4409 Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2020
    @panda4153 thank you so much! I did not know you could do negative servings. That's really cool.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    boots4409 wrote: »
    Hi All!

I recently ran into an issue with logging a menu item from Jamba Juice. I like to leave out ingredients that are high in sugar or calories that aren't needed (example, Honey). I usually personalize menu items because of this reason.

How can I log the item accurately nutrition wise so I don't have an incorrect log? I tried to log it via recipe builder too and since the amounts of ingredients used in the recipes are unknown this leaves a problem with accuracy too.

Thanks in advance!

If a restaurant has a nutrition component on their website where you can customize your item,then you can create your own database entry and include in the title what you left off (like Chicken Sandwich no mayo). If they don't, all you can do is guess. Log the item and like PP said, log a negative estimated entry for each thing you left off.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    What others said. It's quite possible though that your portion is much bigger than for the given calories. People assembling food suffer from the same portion creep that we do, and often seem to assume that we want more rather than a normal portion (whatever that is)