how many cals do you net per day?

Options
And how much exercise do you usually do per day?

Thx :)

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i eat anywhere from 600-2000 calories per day...I usually stay under 1,200 though ^.^
    i have only recently started exercising, and spend around 1 hour per day doing so at this time...will try and up it once school starts, esp since i will be an exchange student and hardly speak the home language..and have poor sense of direction xD
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Last week my average net cals was 900
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1400-1900 cal a day, and when i workout I usually burn about 500 calories a day 5 days a week. I lose 1-1.5lbs a week consistently.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    oh yay, i'm not the only under-1200 here :D i am trying to eat more tho, especially since i don't log my exercise D:

i do a bunch of pool exercises daily, as well as some really light weight lifting :)
  • lornawalker
    Options
    I eat between 1100 to 1500 calories per day, having said that though, I did eat 1720 yesterday, which is unsual for me but I was so hungry all day, I listened to my body and give it fuel that it was needing!

The amount I eat depends on how much I'm exercising. At the moment I'm doing the 30 day shred at level 1, 1 hour of swimming and 15 minutes of squats, sit ups and press ups per day. At the weekend I tend to do more as I will often help out my husband with his work, he is a gardener and pool cleaner and also go on long walks with my dogs.

Most days I eat 1200 cals and burn 1000 cals in exercise. x
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My is normally under 1200, i like to do at least 20 minutes of exercise a day :) xxxxx
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I net about 1600 (my goal is 1630, I haven't been over yet but usually stay under by a few calories, sometimes up to 100 - but only when I exercise a lot). I do eat back my exercise calories and I have lost about 11 lbs in 4 weeks so far.

I run 3-4x a week, ride my bike to work (a total of 2.2 mi or 3.6 km) every day (i.e. 5x per week) and usually do some other type of exercise (walk, stepper, swim) 1-2 days a week. Not counting the bike ride, my workouts are usually 30 mins. When I go swimming or for a walk 45-60 mins, stepper 20 minutes.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Between 1200 and 1600 normally. 1200 is what MFP gives me to lose 2lbs a week, 1600 to lose 1lb a week so I figure if I'm between the 2 I'll lose weight.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to have just over 1200 a day, but alway stay under by around 400.
    If I didn't exercise daily, then I would probably be hitting my target on a daily basis though.

x
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I eat 800-1100 most days when I try hard.
    I exercise 300+ 6 days a week. More often it's about 500.
    My net averages around 600-700.
  • I don't think there's any use in comparing yourself to everyone else as we're all different & separate people. Comparing only brings down more anxiety.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    idk about the OP, but i think it's interesting to see other people's diet plans- not to compare, or even for inspiration, but just to see what works for other people :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the only thing i have thought when looking at other peoples net cals is how very LOW the majority are. now i know its each to their own, and some people are very small so dont need as many calories, but IMO there are a lot of unhealthy people posting on here!
  • the only thing i have thought when looking at other peoples net cals is how very LOW the majority are. now i know its each to their own, and some people are very small so dont need as many calories, but IMO there are a lot of unhealthy people posting on here!

I agree!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    the only thing i have thought when looking at other peoples net cals is how very LOW the majority are. now i know its each to their own, and some people are very small so dont need as many calories, but IMO there are a lot of unhealthy people posting on here!

I agree!
    Yep. That's what happens on calorie counting sites. People over-restrict. Calorie counting attracts the kind of people who are able to semi-obsess over things and includes those with ED. There are very few people here who are happy with the idea of maintaining their weight and people like to lose weight fast when their intention is to get smaller. So of course, a significant proportion of people actively using MFP are going to be over-restricting.
  • the only thing i have thought when looking at other peoples net cals is how very LOW the majority are. now i know its each to their own, and some people are very small so dont need as many calories, but IMO there are a lot of unhealthy people posting on here!

I agree!
    Yep. That's what happens on calorie counting sites. People over-restrict. Calorie counting attracts the kind of people who are able to semi-obsess over things and includes those with ED. There are very few people here who are happy with the idea of maintaining their weight and people like to lose weight fast when their intention is to get smaller. So of course, a significant proportion of people actively using MFP are going to be over-restricting.

It's a pity because MFP is trying to promote health. I think people come on here with good intentions but get caught up in it all.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 1,300 a day and stick to around 1,200 or halfway between the two. I try to get on my bike for 20-30mins a day and thats 2-300cals burnt and I make sure I eat back up to at least 1,200 cals NET
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Agreed. The irony is it wouldn't be necessary at all, and they could be losing weight just as easily or even better if they ate more, but I try not to get upset anymore because if I did every time I read about someone netting under 1000 calories on MFP, that'd keep me busy all day. I have to remind myself that they are all strangers and if they want to ruin their health, it's their business, not mine. There is plenty of information out there on what is healthy and if they decide to ignore it, that's their choice.
  • joey72talk
    joey72talk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I'm very shocked at how little some ladies are eating and over exercising, the body cannot sustain such a restrictive/punishing routine..... There is a huge risk of developing an eating disorder..... As the old saying goes, you must put fuel in to fire up the furnace for the engine (body) to run smoothly and efficiently.....
    I have allocated myself 1350cals per day, and its easy to stick to and I'm never hungry, I don't exercise that often and I know for a fact I will lose at least 1lb a week... Slow and steady means its more likely to stay off :)

Take care of yrselves ladies, all the very best of luck with yr goals :flowerforyou:
  • wickedkitty
    wickedkitty Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started and am netting about 1000-1100 calories a day. I am trying to stay above 1200 so I don't slow my metabolism down and send my body into starvation mode. Its a bit of a struggle since I work the night shift so my meals are backwards. I haven't started an excercise plan yet, but hope to try some biking once the weather clears up a bit. Once I get my food intake under control, I'll add in the excercise. But until then I've just been getting up off my butt and doing something, usually something I've put off like sweeping the leaves off the trampoline. One step at a time right?!