Struggling with losing Fat around my tummy

Options
Hey folks ,

Can someone help me here , I have a very active life style and i do weights training 5 times a week 45 minutes session usually with medium weights .

I am on my feet most of the day and do walking as well .I haven’t consume any refine sugar from past 10 months .

I look after my food well also macros. I am struggling with fat around my tummy , that thing is just not going.

Can anyone provide some tips , I can really use some help
I am 6ft tall and 180 pound. I am kind of muscular but this tummy just kill the shape

Help!!!!!!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    That's the frustrating part you can't spot reduce where you lose weight. Keep up with your diet and exercise, and hopefully the weight will come off where you like it to.
  • shqadri
    shqadri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am well aware that you cannot do spot reduction , My tummy area is last place where i have fat stored now
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    shqadri wrote: »
    I am well aware that you cannot do spot reduction , My tummy area is last place where i have fat stored now

The midsection is primary fat stores for the vast majority of men and many women as well. Primary fat stores are a first on, last off proposition. You just have to continue losing weight. Even when I'm at my happy weight and a fairly lean 15ish% I have a small pooch in my lower stomach. A truly fat stomach is going to occur at a pretty low BF%
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    shqadri wrote: »

If you know spot reduction isn't possible, what tips would possibly help you reduce this particular spot? I don't understand what you're asking for.
  • shqadri
    shqadri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So I calculate using fitness Pal for Intake and wear Apple watch to track Calories consumed . From the data I have I am burning 2600 calories on average and consuming 2000 max on average.
    Including daily strength training, I stand while at work and go for walk after work.
    This is from past three months and I did lost weight
    but tummy is not getting flat .

I do 6 planks for 1 minutes each from past 1 month
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep losing and see what happens. As everyone has said, and you say you know, you can't spot reduce. You are at the high end of the healthy weight range for your height, and the midsection is often the last to go, so it's not unusual if you still have extra fat there. I'd suggest reading the thread in Anne's response upthread as well.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    As a male 6' and 180 lbs, I doubt that you are fat. You need to get leaner, not lose weight. You probably should tinker with your lifting program. Heavier weights.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    As a male 6' and 180 lbs, I doubt that you are fat. You need to get leaner, not lose weight. You probably should tinker with your lifting program. Heavier weights.

I agree with this. While I’m not the same height as you guys, I am almost to the point where I’m bony in my upper body - I just don’t gain any fat there. It’s all in my love handles and butt. Upper body and lower body look like a completely different person. But I don’t think weight loss is the way to go. You need to focus on recomposition like Snowflake mentions.