Recommended caloric intake

Options
Jmoney711
Jmoney711 Posts: 42 Member
edited May 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Just turned 20 years old, Male, Height 5 foot 10 inches, activity consists of no less then 15000 steps a day, so I guess that is active even though it’s low intensity. I’m 148 pounds. I track everything I eat and weigh my food out, I don’t have an issue with this because I feel if the technology is present why not track. Sometimes I consume 1800 ish calories others more around 2100. I find myself asking because there will be a day where I feel as if I cannot eat enough, which tells me I may not be consuming sufficient calories on average.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? Are you losing weight?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    Two simple questions:
    - Are you currently losing weight, maintaining your weight or gaining weight?
    - Are to you aiming to lose weight, maintain your weight or gain weight?
  • Jmoney711
    Jmoney711 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I’ve always tracked but sometimes I eat later so my weight fluctuates a little bit. I would say that I’m loosing weight I weighed 147 two days ago. But on Mother’s Day my family and I celebrated and I consumed around 5 thousand calories, when I weighed the next day I was 150 so I probably gained a pound or something. But to answer your question I would like to get down to 142 but no lower.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuations are normal, but my question concerned your general weight trend (looking at your weight over the past months)
    If you are currently maintaining your weight, why would you think you are not eating enough calories?
    If you want to lose a few pounds, you would even need to eat a little less.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @Lietchi is right. Your actual results are going to be what is relevant here. If you're losing at a reasonable rate and that is your goal, then that's a sign you're at the right calorie level for right now. If you aren't losing weight and you want to be, you need to introduce a deficit.