I'm the new girl! eeeek

Options
Hello peeps...I've been using the MFP app on my phone for a little while...but today I've decided to really make a go of things and stop making excuses. So I jumped online and have decided to use this format too...

I had my son 8 months ago, piled on 4st through pregnancy (no excuses - I just ate crap the whole time!) and haven't shifted it yet. I feel hideous, ashamed and unfit. So I'm hoping the odd one of you might be so kind as to befriend me and cheer me on in my cause...I'm very weak willed (openly admit this), don;t blame anyone but myself but DO DO DO need encouragement and often a good kick up the bum! So hello, this is me, be my friend :happy: (does that sounds desperate? I suppose I am a little!) x

Replies

• ladysandy
    Options
    hahahaaa your funny I'll friend you! My plaisir to have you as a friend and we can support each other :-D
  • Piglet_26
    Options
    Friend meeeeee, love meeting new people and giving all the encouragement I can. I'm also one of those people who needs the odd kick up the bum to get going but with the help from the guys and girls on here I've managed to get going and loose 11lb in 6weeks :)
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This is totally different from your phone app! Mostly everyone is in the same boat as you so your def not alone!! This is a great support group!!! Sounds like you have a lot of energy and humor sending a request to you:)
  • astermarie
    astermarie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! :)
  • suesassy87
    Options
    I'll friend you, I;m riding in that same boat!
  • Welcome! U can friend me if you want!
  • kungfurockchick
    Options
    I'm pretty new here too so feel free to add me too! :)
  • Autumn15
    Options
    You don't sounds desperate you sound smart, you already know your weaknesses and are admitting them and that is a great first step for you. Asking for help and encouragement is the second. You can do this and it sounds like you want it for the right reasons. So keep smiling and get started. This is a great place to find friends and information to help you on your journey. Best Wishes!!!
  • EmsyB78
    EmsyB78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks everyone...don't feel like the awkward shy new girl so much now :) It's always great to have people to encourage you and offer the light touch of a firm boot up the bottom when you're dragging your heels...onwards and upwards! x
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. I had a daughter 15 months ago & also gained alot of weight during my pregnancy (30kg/65lbs). After 'excusing' myself for the first year after she was born (I told myself I wasn't going to worry about the weight for the first year, just enjoy being a mommy)...*ding* time flew by & the next thing I knew it was time to start getting myself back together. SO...I totally understand where you're coming from there. If you'd like to add me as a friend we can chat & help each other with motivation & occasional 'bum-kickings' *LOL*

Tammy
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    Welcome to the losers bench. I had my daughter 15 yrs ago and still haven't managed to lose the baby weight. LoL. I have lost 16 lbs in 4 months. 170 to go!
  • cran110378
    Options
    I am new here too. This is actually my first day. I had my twins almost a year ago. I gained almost 80 lbs with them . I was put on strict bed rest, and had to drink 4 of the BOOST high protein drinks daily. With the no exercise and diet I was on, it was a disaster waiting to happen. The fat and carbs in those drinks killed me. This is the highest weight I have ever been. 8 years ago I lost over 70 lbs (I had always been over weight my whole life), and felt great. Now i just feel like a lump. I know I have the will and determination to do this, I am just now putting my mind to it.
  • dragon45
    Options
    Hi, I think you you will do great, I had my daughter 11 years ago and I have been so bad that I have just now only lost 11 pound , since I decided to get on this program and actually do something about my life style. And now tht I have I feel a whole lot better.