Calorie counting

Hi all, does anyone eat what they like (still calorie counting) with no exercise and still loose weight?

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Yes. I did all April.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yep. I did.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I have. Exercise is important for health more than weight loss. At the start of my weight loss journey though I only focused on calories. I feel a lot happier and healthier with exercise though.
  • Sarahlclark96
    Sarahlclark96 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you, I do around 30 minutes exercise per day 5 times a week, was just wondering if it was possible without as some days I find it hard
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Since my gym closed, I've barely done any 'real' exercise - the hour's walk that I do, most days, is more to get out of the house for a while - and I've still lost weight. Exercise is good for toning, but not necessary for weight loss if you're watching your calorie intake.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Weight loss is entirely about creating a calorie deficit. You can do that by eating less, by exercising more, or a little of both. I like the little-of-both strategy.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Weight loss comes from calorie deficit. Fitness benefits come from exercise. You can have one without the other.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I lost my first 100 lbs strictly through diet alone with no exercise. I started adding in exercise now for health, though I admit I love those extra calories exercise gives me!
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Yes. I lost a total of 60 lbs and the first 25 were without exercise. I still ate the things I enjoyed, just in moderation and with calories in mind.