Vegan protein

Options
Anyone using plant based protein,need some guidance and have few questions

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Like tofu, tempeh, seitan, beans/legumes or do you mean a powdered supplement? What are your questions?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for over ten years, if you share your questions I'll do my best to help.
  • shqadri
    shqadri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Usually Vegan protein meals are very high in Calories how you guys manage that
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have been using Vegan plant based proteins for years. Mine is Sunwarrior- 100 calories a serving. What vegan protein is high calorie? Look at the scoop size and grams. I weigh mine and use the same size scoop for all my vegan proteins. The ones I use are all about the same with equal measurements
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Lupini beans, low carb, high protein. Sprouted beans are also processed by the body as a vegetable and not a carb and have high protein. Hemp and pea protein powders can be a good source as well. I avoid soy due to the negative risks associated with it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    shqadri wrote: »
    Usually Vegan protein meals are very high in Calories how you guys manage that

By learning about lower calorie plant protein sources and incorporating those into our meals.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Halleeon wrote: »
    Lupini beans, low carb, high protein. Sprouted beans are also processed by the body as a vegetable and not a carb and have high protein. Hemp and pea protein powders can be a good source as well. I avoid soy due to the negative risks associated with it.

What does it mean to have our body process something "as a vegetable" and not as a carbohydrate? We process vegetables as carbohydrates, as they're typically rich in them.

(Please don't spread misinformation about soy).

Soy is so misunderstood. There are many cultures who are vital and very healthy that eat soy. It's glyphosates and GMO that are the problem.
    Fermented soy, sprouted, tempeh, edamame, tofu are complete and healthy proteins for most people