Favorite Protein Powder

Options
melissa_amst
melissa_amst Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2020 in Food and Nutrition
What is your favorite protein powder? Struggling to find a brand that taste decent.

Replies

• KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Orgain chocolate. Get it at Costco. I do half almond milk half water. One of the few I actually like and non dairy which i need
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Vega's line is an acquired taste to some.... but I like it 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • TillyandGwen
    TillyandGwen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find they all taste like trash, some are just a bit more tolerable than others. Sunwarrior carries my favourite chocolate flavour. I dislike chalky or bitter chocolate taste and it doesn’t give me that.

I’m still looking for a reasonable vanilla flavour. I dislike chocolate as a general rule but cannot stomach any of the vanilla options I’ve tried so far.
  • cmcollard
    cmcollard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a MuscleTech whey that’s decent. None of them taste stellar but it works when you want something sweet and more protein.

Sometimes I mix mine with cold brew coffee. It’s so good and you get the protein/caffeine boost. I’ve been working through a can of Pure Protein whey right now. It’s alright, although the ingredients aren’t as good as other brands.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I can only tolerate unflavored protein powder and add my own things to it to make it taste the way I want. I really like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    This is almost impossible to answer it seems. It's just so subjective. One thing is for sure is (I'm sure you/anyone would) check out the ingredients - macros, etc., Some (many) are just crap with dubious ingredients. Some are super clean and are actually good for you.

Some I've tried because it was recommended tasted terrible imo. 🤷‍♀️
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Unflavored Whey. As @sardelsa said above, I add things to taste as I want. In the unflavored form, I mix it into bread dough for a protein boost, oatmeal, yogurt, and etc., which blunts the taste. BTW, "unflavored" doesn't mean it doesn't taste neutral; whey has a distinct flavor that is an acquired taste.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    Sunwarrior Warrior blend, I like all flavors. MRM Elite veggie protein is good too in chocolate. NOW brand has really great pea protein, I get unflavored to keep it low carb.
    Adding a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa or powdered peanut butter is great too
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I don't buy for taste I buy for ingredients specifically maximal EAAs and protein and possible mono creatine.

I literally just mix a chocolate flavor with black coffee and sometimes steel cut oats and slam.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My favorite is trutein, by body nutrition. It's a whey, casein, and egg white blend, which I prefer over soy. I mostly add it to coffee or put it in oatmeal with fruit, but I've also baked with it successfully. Protein muffins ftw.

One nice thing is that you can order samples so that you don't drop a bunch of money on a gigantic tub of something you find entirely unpalatable. https://bodynutrition.com/collections/samples
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My protein
  • Kodekai1988
    Kodekai1988 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    PhD Smart - doesn’t have the grainy, chalky texture of some. I prefer the salted caramel flavour which is also Keto-compatible - usually make it into a mousse with almond milk and/or ricotta for after a run.
  • mnarkiss
    mnarkiss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found UMP protein to be delicious
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    s1hcwjsac9ot.jpg
    Liking this atm. But I do prefer a little whey powder (plain) high quality - but it’s more costly so.....